Part Nine

"So, I've been here a couple of times and it's usually never too busy." Rhys spoke as we drove through the desert.

"How far is it really?" I asked as I watched the desert sites pass by fairly quickly.

"Not much further now, we're on the road it's on right now." He peeked past the steering wheel.

I watched his curious body as his eyes scanned over the desert, trying to find where exactly he was going. I pulled my hands together in my lap and just adored the person who sat next to me, his eyes shifted towards me. I moved back a little, being taken by surprise.

"Don't worry, I do it when you sleep." He reassured me.

The vehicle stopped in front of an old fashion looking diner, it looked like it was made of tin and was accented in sea foam green. Neon lights sat on the roof that displayed the name, a fake car sat next to the lit up sign. I sighed.

"Do you have a fetish for the fifties or something?" I asked, unbuckling myself from the seat.

"No, why would you say that?" He replied doing the same.

The music from the radio played an old Elvis song as we sat out in front of a fifties diner, I crossed my arms.

"Ok, it's not necessarily my fault."

I raised my hands in defense before opening the door, Rhys jumped out quickly before slamming the door and running over to my side. Before I could even think about getting out, he picked me up and closed the door with his rear.

"You know, I can somewhat walk."

"Yeah, somewhat." He laughed, placing me down on the dusty ground.

He intertwined his fingers with mine and walked through the front door, more music filled my ears. We walked to the end of the diner and sat down on a booth across from each other, the sun shined on his face and I soon got a better look at his features. He kept the same stare back before letting small blush sneak across his cheeks, I heard someone clear their throat before the both of us looked up at them.

"The usual... just times two." Rhys spoke, sticking up two fingers.

"Oh, lovely, a surprise." I laughed.

"Don't worry, I have good taste." He smirked, I soon realized what he was implying.

"Shut up."

----------------------------------------------

After eating, I sat back and looked out at the desert once again, being taken back by the way everything was contrasted. I was so used to growing up by the forest, dark and rainy, but now this vast open desert had stolen my heart.

Rhys pushed himself out of the red leather seat and walked over to the music box, there was some clicking noises before a new song played that echoed through the empty diner. He walked back to the booth and offered me his hand, I grabbed it as he pulled me out of the booth.

"Care to dance?" He asked, "now that your ankle is ok." I was reluctant for a moment before nodding my head.

The music was slow and light in its beats of three. Rhys grabbed my hand and put the other on my waist, my other hand found its way behind his neck and I slowly followed his foot steps. My feet would move faster than the rest of my body, trying to slow down I nearly stopped in frustration.

"Hey," Rhys caught my attention. "Put your feet on mine, I'll help."

"I'll crush your toes."

"You'll be fine, come on."

I stepped lightly on his feet, I looked up as his expression stayed the same. He began to move along to the music very slowly, I rested my head against his chest as he continued to move about the small area we stayed in. He hummed along with the music before singing the song in a hushed tone.

"Maybe you and I will fall in love."

He sang quietly in my ear, I closed my eyes and smiled as his voice sounded heavenly when it entered my head. I sighed, looking down to see that my feet were on the ground now, my eyes widened but before I could say anything, Rhys spun me around. His eyes connected with mine, he pulled me close to his face and kissed me. He pulled away and kissed down my neck, sending chills up my spine and squeezing his hand.

He slowly pulled back from my neck and looked down at me, his eye lids rested and his lips more plump than before. I laughed a little feeling my face become red and hot, we still danced along to the music slowly.

"You can dance now." He laughed.

"Not as good as you."

"You did great, now we can dance more often."

"I look forward to that." I was serious.

We continued to dance along to the song, his voice captivating the way that we danced together. I couldn't help squeezing his hand as he spun me around once again, pulling me back to his chest and letting out a small sigh. I did the same as we slowly swayed back and forth, the sun peaking through the huge diner windows.