Part Twenty Four

I looked up toward Helios, it looked nearly the same as it was before, orbiting through space in all its glory. I sighed as we got closer to the loading docks, there was a short line which wasn't too surprising since most of the people attending this "wedding" were most likely people who were already on Helios.

Fiona stopped the vehicle and we all stepped out, I dusted off the suit that I had put back on after the night, I hoped it still looked as good as it did yesterday. The vehicle was taken by some person who gave us a card to which number garage it's in, I placed the card in my back pocket as we walked to the next loading ship.

"Stop right there." An arm placed over my chest, "are you invited to this event, pretty boy?" He asked.

"Yes, my name is Rhys." I pushed his hand off of me.

"Ah," he smiled, "we were wondering when you'd come."

They let us through, their thoughts obviously racing about how Handsome Jack is probably going to kill us on our trip up to Helios. We were silent as we walked up to our vehicle, I let Fiona and Vaughn in as I just stared at the space station floating in the atmosphere.

"I'm coming Baby." I muttered before hopping in.

----------------------------------------------

We made it safely to Helios, but once we got there is was extremely busy, people running past and some yelling towards others as they got separated in the crowd. Vaughn, Fiona, and I linked arms as we made our way through the crowd, signs pointing out our direction.

We made it in time for the dinner party, people filed into a large room that was coated with Pandoran flowers and music played quietly through the whole room. My eyes scanned through the whole room, seeing people who laughed and talked amongst themselves, but no sign of Jack or Baby.

"You three," I heard a voice from my left, "you have been invited to the main table."

"Main table?" I asked.

"Where the most important people will be seated, obviously." The women walked away, waiting for us to follow her.

We caught up to her quickly and waded our way through the diminishing crowd as they took their seats as well, the table we were placed at was larger than the others with beautiful glowing flowers in the center. Our names now on plates in front of us, he was expecting us... even Sasha, but she couldn't make it due to the surprise pregnancy.

The loud room soon turned into a hushed murmur and some even stood up, people rushed quickly to their seats and stood as well. It became hard to see over some of the people here but thanks to my long legs I got to stand and see what they were all looking at, Jack was standing up on the stage with a microphone in hand. Baby was no where to be found, he searched over the crowd and we soon met each other's gaze, a smile spreading over his lips. I glared back angrily at him.

"You all can sit now," people quickly sat back in their chairs, "I'd like to thank you all for coming, my fiancé is still getting ready, she had along night last night." He winked in my direction only making me feel more heated.

"Rhys, don't let him get to you that's what he wants." Vaughn whispered in my ear.

"I know... I just want Baby." I growled.

"There's my lovely princess," I heard his voice boom through the room."

Baby made her way onto the stage, she looked gorgeous. A black lacy cocktail dress hugged her curves, her long black hair done up in loose curls and her glasses shined off of the lights in the room. I could feel my heart jump out of my chest, reaching for her, I gripped onto the table and watched her walk up to Jack. She had a boot on her broken ankle, I looked back at Jack angrily knowing he was behind the re-breaking of her ankle. But Jack had no time to look at me as his lips pressed against Baby's, my jaw dropped as my grip on the table only tightened and accented my anger.

"Alright everybody, let's eat." His voice boomed through the room.

I watched as he put the microphone down on a small table before snaking his arm around Baby's waist and pulling her close to his body, the smile on her face hit me instantly... had she completely forgotten about me? They got closer to the table as I felt my face become hot and my temples coat in sweat, what if she doesn't love me anymore?

They took their seats at the opposite end of the table, Jacks eyes meeting mine instantly and giving me a menacing smirk. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away for a second, the table erupting into conversation. This was a mistake, I looked back at Baby, her smile almost mocking me that his arm was around her and not mine. I wanted to get up and slam my fist into Jacks smug face, I wanted to take Baby and just run.

I looked at her heavily lined makeup around her eyes, the way her tattoos popped out around her arms, she looked beautiful and all I wanted to do was kiss her. She must have felt my gaze, looking at me from across the table with a small and shy smile playing on her lips. I looked at her almost desperately, seeing if she would recognize me, but she had looked away and nuzzled her face into Jacks arm.

"What is she doing?" Fiona asked, bumping my arm.

"I-I don't know..." I stuttered.

I sat back in my seat, avoiding her gaze that stayed on me for a few moments before turning back into Jacks conversation. It's as if she was oblivious to everything around her, the things that Jack had done and what we had. I looked at her one last time, her smile brighter than ever and the sadness over flowing in my chest.