Part Twenty One

"He's been like this all day." I whispered to Fiona, she put her hands on her hips and looked at Rhys, face down on his bed.

"Are you really gunna let Jack take Baby and keep her hostage?" Fiona yelled.

"He's right!" He groaned into the pillow, "he's been killed twice, I don't stand a chance."

"Rhys, this is the girl that you love and you're just gunna let him win?" I spoke.

"Vaughn, I already told you guys that I don't stand a damn chance." He sat up, "of course I love her, but I can't do anything about it now." He pressed his face back into the pillows, pulling one of her shirts into his grasp.

"Rhys... come on..." Fiona walked further into his room.

He reached his hand over to the radio and turned it up and drowning out our voices, we tried to speak up over the song but he just ignored us more by putting a pillow over his head.

I looked over at Fiona as she shrugged her shoulders at me, I then looked over at his boots by the door and picked them up. I loosened the laces and pushed one on his foot, then pushed the other and began to tie them up. I nodded towards Fiona to grab his foot, she grabbed him by the ankle and we soon began to pull him off of the bed. We heard a quick groan as we successfully pulled him off, he pulled the blankets off with him and fumbled to the floor.

"What the hell!" He yelled over the music.

"Thank us later." I yelled back.

"We'll be in the car, be out in five minutes for we will drag you out there." Fiona yelled as well before she left, I followed quickly behind.

----------------------------------------------

"You look lovely in all of them princess, I can't decide." Jack smiled, resting his chin on his hand.

"Well I can't wear all of them." I laughed, spinning my best without trying to hurt my foot.

"What about that one with lace over the top and towards the bottom... I like that one a bit more than others."

"Let me go change back into that one then."

I shuffled off of the small pedestal and limped back into the dressing room, finding the exact dress he was talking about. I slipped out of the dress I was just in and pulled the other one up, zipping it up in the back. I had to admit that it did look rather nice and fit my form perfectly, I waddled out and stepped gently back up on the pedestal.

"There ya go, beautiful!" He boasted, sticking his arms out towards me.

"You like it? Really?" I asked, pulling at the gown.

"Yes princess." He smiled, "now go change so we can start decorating some."

"Already?" I asked.

"Yes already, it's supposed to be perfect for you." He brushed his nose against mine, taking me back a little, "what's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing." I brushed the top of my nose with my hand.

"Come on princess, lets go have some fun together."

I nodded before making my way back to the dressing room and pulling the dress off of me, I began to put my clothes back on. Black sweats that covered my boot, yellow Hyperion sweater, and one single sneaker. Something just didn't look right as I stared at my figure in the mirror. A flush of sadness flowed over my body as I really tried to remember what had happened before my fall, but it was so blank. I heard a knock at the door before Jack had opened it, peaking in.

"Are you alright there pumpkin?" He asked.

"Yes... I just feel... never mind." I sighed before limping my way into his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Don't worry princess, everything will be fine."

"I really hope so." I whispered.