Part Twenty Nine

I felt warm sunlight spread across my cheeks and over my arms, my eyes opened slowly and saw the town of New Haven from the window. I smiled and let the sun flow over my body, pulling the pillow closer to my chest and sighed as I was finally home and in bed. It became hard to believe that I was actually here due to the last few days, I looked down and saw myself in one of Rhys's shirts and pair of boxer shorts. I sighed once again and managed to flip my body over only to be met with an empty bed, I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up in bed.

I grabbed my glasses from the nightstand and looked around the room a bit more before finally deciding to get out of bed, the minute I put weight on my foot I collapsed to the floor and gasped in pain. My ankle was so much more worse than it had been before, fast footsteps could be heard as they came into the room.

"Baby." Rhys looked down at me.

He picked me up from the floor and helped me back into the bed, pulling my feet back up and sitting at the end of them. He had dark fingerprints around his neck and a bruise on his chest the size of his hand, he noticed me staring.

"It doesn't hurt as bad as it looks." He laughed, poking at the bruise on his chest.

"What happened after I got knocked out?" I asked.

"A lot happened... but I don't want to talk about that, I want to talk about you." He smiled.

"What do you mean?"

He shuffled over next to me and hugged me tightly, everything went back to its quiet self as he pulled my closer to his bare chested body. It had felt like it was forever since he held me in his arms like this, I felt tears well up in my tired eyes once again before they fell onto his shoulder.

"I missed you so much, I never thought I'd get you back." He breathed.

"I'm here... I can't really say weather or not I missed you, by I knew that there was something missing from my life."

"You need to tell me what happened." He stated in desperation.

I thought of the events that had taken place, it felt like time went by in super speed but when he kidnapped me it felt like forever ago. I left out a shaky sigh before thinking about how I was going to word this exactly.

"He tricked me into dancing with him, I complied, " I let out a shaky breath, "he started dancing too fast and it made my ankle weak, he kicked it in and injected something into my neck." I pushed my hair away from my neck to show him the injection scar.

"Do you know what it was?" He asked.

"I have no idea, but I suddenly forgot everything that had happened in the past two months and it was like I fell through the worm hole again." Certain memories came flowing back into thought, "I remember waking up to him changing and I pulled my knife, but then he managed to convince me that we were engaged." I pulled up my hand to find the ring still set around my finger.

"So... that's how it went down." He murmured, pulling my hand towards him and looking at the ring.

"Take it off, do what you'd like to it." I spoke.

He pulled the ring off and placed it on the nightstand on the other side of the bed, he turned his body back around and pulled me into his embrace. I didn't have the heart to tell him what other things he had done, how much he fooled me, I don't think he'd take it too well. I let out a relieving sigh and relaxed a bit, I knew he was still a bit tense about the whole thing.

"Will you be ok?" I asked.

"Will I be ok?" He laughed half heartedly and gave me a crazed look, "I think it's more appropriate to ask if you'll be ok."

"Well you just seem very tense about the whole situation, I wanted to make sure that you'd get past this."

"I'll be fine, what about you? Aren't you affected by this at all?"

"To be honest with you, it doesn't bother me as much as you think it does," I let out a sigh, "it's obviously something that was a bit extreme, but I've dealt with other things."

"Yeah... but..." I placed my finger over his mouth.

"Rhys, I'll get over this eventually."

"Alright," he smiled, "you know I'm here for you if you really need it."

"I know."

I kissed his cheek quickly, he pulled me back and kissed my lips, making us both smile.