Part Twenty Three

I sat in my chair, swinging my legs back and forth as Jack was scolding some person for showing up late to work. It's a good thing that he was their boss, I had no idea he was the president of Hyperion. I was truly excited about tomorrow though, I couldn't stop thinking about it and thinking about the bottomless pit in my stomach.

I stood up and walked over to Jacks desk as he was writing something down and tapping away on his pad that floated in front of him, I began picking up certain things on his desk and started looking at them. He had a strange paper weight that was just a cube with a purple line going through it, a framed picture of a small girl, and a small cylinder looking device with smaller buttons on it.

I picked it up, feeling it singe my fingers before it sent a shock through my fingers and all the way up to my head. I dropped it back down on his desk, capturing Jacks attention as he got up quickly to see what I was doing. I pushed myself away from his desk as my vision got extremely blurry but soon everything became tunnel vision, my eyes focused on a shining silver... something. I couldn't tell what it was no matter what, Jack grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me lightly.

"Baby, Baby what did you touch?" He asked frantically.

"The little can looking thing with buttons on it." I replied, pressing my hand to my head.

He looked over at his desk to see the small piece of metal resting on his desk, his eyes widened before grabbing he small little can and shoved it in his pocket.

"It might have just shocked you, you'll be ok Baby, let's get you something to eat."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and helped me out of his office, people saw us as we walked and watched closely. He poked his head up and glared at others to continue with their work, I just needed to sit down and think about what I saw. It could've been the shine of his desk, but it seemed bulkier than the side of a desk.

Jack sat me down, leaving me alone with my thoughts, I pressed my head down on the table and closed my eyes trying to recapture that image that flashed through my memory. It seemed to be slipping from my thought process, I began to get a headache from thinking too hard on this. I felt a hand press down on my shoulder, rubbing it slowly.

"I've gotten you something to eat Baby, I'd like it of you ate please."

"I will," I spoke to the table, "I just have a headache."

"I don't think pressing your head down on a hard lunch table is going to help you with that." He laughed.

"You'd be surprised."

"Come on now," he rubbed my shoulders, "tomorrow is a big day and I don't want you falling asleep with an empty stomach."

"Are you going to come to bed with me tonight?" I asked, turning and looking at his face.

"I'll be in bed about a few hours after you go back."

"I'm guessing that's a no." I sighed.

"I know princess, but soon we can go to bed with each other every night."

"How come we are having a reception after the dinner party, isn't that after the wedding?" I asked.

"Well, you and I are going in vacation right after the wedding, I thought it would be easier."

"I guess I can understand that." I pulled the sandwich towards me and grabbed it out of the plastic container.

"Good." He smiled, "I have to get back to work now, once you're done I'd like you to head to bed."

"Alrighty."

He kissed my cheek before walking back towards his office, I sighed once again and continued to eat this rather good sandwich. I looked around as others walked past and sort of stared at me, I smiled but they just walked away. I slumped and felt my heart sink, something just wasn't right and it made me skeptical about what was actually happening.

I stood up from the table and walked over to the recycling, tossing out the container and walking towards one of the giant windows. I looked down towards the planet, it looked tan and very dusty, I leaned closer towards the window and pressed my hands against it. I felt like I belonged down there, I may have had a fascination with space but I knew that I shouldn't be here.

I began to meander towards our room, keeping my thoughts to myself as others walked past me, they were dressed up in professional clothing and here I was walking around with a boot on my foot, sweatpants, and giant yellow sweatshirt. I knew I couldn't fit in here, but yet here I was floating through space.