Part One

I had everything ready to go, all my clothes were packed and anything else that I was in desperate need of. At the moment I couldn't only take two pairs of clothes, my switchblade, my phone, charger, about forty bucks in cash, and aspiration. I had to get out of here before another night like last night happens, I wasn't looking forward to explains what had happened.

I pulled my bag from under the bed and looked at him... he was blackout drunk and could hardly comprehend wether he was asleep or not. He laid in bed mumbling to himself and dozing off, I pulled my bag over my shoulders and shoved my switchblade on the side of my leggings. I walked quickly downstairs and slipped on my Vans before blasting out of the door, I wasn't going to take any chances so I just got the hell out of there.

After about five minutes of running as far away from the apartment as I could, I finally slowed down and walked along the side walk. It was about 11:30 at night and my feet were already starting to hurt like hell, I lifted my attention away from my aching feet and heard a car come screeching down the road. I panicked and threw myself into the bushes close by, after tripping over branches I made myself get up and hide behind a giant tree that was placed conveniently there.

"You better get the hell back here, Baby!" I heard him yell, I shuddered when he said my name.

I pushed myself from the tree and ran as fast as I could, hearing his fast footsteps from behind me made me run faster.

"Strip the flesh! Salt the wound!"

I looked in front of me and saw a large man running towards me with what looked like a giant stick and a mask covering his face. I felt my heart reach out of my chest as I sped right past him, he laughed loudly and ran away.

"What the actual fuck." I nearly yelled as I was pressed for breath.

I heard screaming which only made me run faster until I felt a static shock invade my body and everything seemed to turn orange and dry.

I lost my footing and tripped on yet another object and began tumbling down what I expected a sandy hill at a construction site, I looked back in mid fall and saw a purple ring with darkness that filled the inside... it was the forest. I continued my fall as every time I hit something I swore.

"Fuck."

"Shit."

"Son of a-"

I landed flat on my face and felt sand fill my mouth, I laid my head down and rested my body from the intense pain. Looking back up the hill, I saw the purple ring shrink and soon the forest disappeared.

----------------------------------------------

"Did you see that?" Vaughn asked me, he pointed towards the hill that was guarded by rocks.

"I did." Fiona replied as she began to run towards the hill.

Sasha, Vaughn, and I quickly followed behind her. I didn't see what had happened but I heard a loud noise and someone yelling, I guessed it was some bandit but I was proven wrong. As we ran I tripped over a rock and face planted, Vaughn turned around and helped pick me back up. The girls were already standing by what I perceived a body, I stood and ran over to the now known girl with a backpack and strange clothing.

"She looks ancient." Sasha spoke.

"But she looks so young." Vaughn said as he got closer to the girl.

She moaned and tried to move.

"Rhys, pick her up." Fiona gestured me closer.

"What? Why do I have to pick her up?"

"Cause you're the one who has the cybernetic arm." She replied almost instantly.

"Fine, let me get to her."

They dispersed as I began to pick her up, a pair of old glasses that were covered in dust and dirt fell from her face, I pulled her into my arms then bent back down to grab her glasses. I got a closer look at her face and saw she had a black eye and purple prints across her neck. I looked at her, shocked and completely disturbed.

"She's alive." I stated.

"Her ankle is broken." Sasha whispered grabbing my attention.

"How do you know that?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

She lifted her leg up and showed her distorted ankle, I retched at the site swollen, purple ankle.

"We should go before it gets worse." Vaughn interrupted and began to walk back to the vehicle.