Under This Roof

*Author's note:

To all of you who are starting to read this story only now, you will notice that the first ten chapters include some vocabulary or grammar mistakes, as well as a tiny bit of cheesy phrases. This is because I started the story in 2014 when I was 14 years old, non-native speaker, who did not even get English for a second language. My first and second languages were Arabic and French.

I had stopped writing it at that time. I read it recently and felt the urge to finish it. So I decided to do that. I edited the most important mistakes in the first chapters. So it should be fine.

Chapter 12 onwards have just been written, in 2022. Therefore, a lot has changed and had become better in the story.

I urge you to hang in there for the first few chapters. It is a very emotional story and it will be worth it. 

It has been #1 in #Reflective since I pursued writing it.

Thank you.*

I thought that I can tell a lot about someone's character as soon as I meet them. In fact, I bragged about that to my friends, especially when they make me meet their significant others.

I didn't think of it as prejudice. I thought of it as good analysis skills.

But in summer 2014, my analysis skills failed me. 

One person changed me. Turned me over. Broke all my rules.

Harry.

- Yara :) xx