Chapter 32

9 September 2014.

So far, we have finished choosing the models, have fitted the clothes on each of them according to our selection, and have decided on their make-up. Other accessories have already been decided upon. There is only one thing left for the couple of days coming; to have a fake show and ensure everything goes according to our plans.

Today, we received two things from La Diversa organizers. The first one being the schedule of the night.

8:00pm till 8:15pm: Welcome.

8:15pm till 8:30pm: A word from the founder of La Diversa: Joan Jimenez.

8:30pm till 9:30pm: The fashion show.

9:30pm till 11:00pm: drinks and socializing.

There is a detailed schedule of the 8:30pm fashion show indicating the slot in time that each team has. Ours will be from 8:50pm to 9:00pm. We are a total of 6 teams. And our collection will be the third to be presented.

The second thing that we receive are the tickets. Each person is allowed three of them. Mine will probably go to Harry, Claire and Liam. None of these three is particularly interested in Fashion, but I believe they would like to be there for me.

****

When I come home a little late, Harry is still out. Since he started college, he has been spending most of his days and a good part of his nights there. I personally like how Harry is involved in everything. I wonder how he makes the time. When I was a college student, I only cared about doing academically well and I barely had enough time for just that. Harry is much more active than that. He is involved in clubs, football, a dream project, student work, I don't know what else.

I directly change and am about to start cooking dinner when Claire calls me to tell me how their dinner with Liam's parents went. We start exchanging stories about the past couple of days until I hear the lock in the front door. I peep from my room door and see Harry coming in. He smiles at me. And I wave at him.

"Claire, I'm gonna go now." I say and get off the phone. I throw it on my bed and get out of my room.

Harry is already in his room and he has closed the door.

I knock on it.

Harry opens after a few seconds.

"Harry, what happened yesterday does not mean you can walk around shirtless in the house like that." I say jokingly.

"It doesn't?"

"It really doesn't." I say and start heading away. "Oh and, I really dislike tattoos."

"You do?"

"I really do."

Harry smiles, puts his shirt on and follows me.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I need to cook something. I haven't eaten yet. Have you?"

"No but I was thinking maybe this time I will cook something."

I stop in my tracks and turn around, I'm interested.

"Go on." I say.

"Okay I don't cook usually, not much anyway. But you inspired me to try something new so, are you up to it?"

"I'm up to it." I nod.

"Do you wave your right to humiliate me if the dinner was so bad?"

"Not sure about that."

"Oh you don't have to. I will cook anyway."

"Oh well then I do not."

Harry starts washing some potatoes. I sit in the kitchen watching him. Every now and then, he explains what he is doing to his audience.