Chapter 16: Proposal of the King

Start from the beginning

"Witches are evil creatures that provide the primary opposition to the Mahou Shoujo. Witches will affect humans near them through the use of the Witch's Kiss, a mark that can cause accidents or drive a human to murder or suicide. Once a witch is disposed of by a Mahou Shoujo, they will drop a Grief Seed, which the Mahou Shoujo can use to control the darkness in her Soul Gem. Witches are also known to summon familiars to defend themselves or maintain their magical constructs. A familiar can eventually grow into a new witch after it consumes humans. Witches are born when a Mahou Shoujo’s Soul Gem is tainted and becomes dark. Damaged Soul Gems will cause their hosts to fall into despair and eventually become witches.
A Soul Gem's darkness will spread when its host uses magic, and if enough magic is used, the damage will be permanent and a witch will be born. Moreover, the negative feelings from the Mahou Shoujo themselves can act as a catalyst to hasten the Soul Gem tainting process." Kyubey explains as she hopped onto the table.

"However, Mahou Shoujo, soul gems, witches, and grief seeds, should not be existing in this world at all. My twin sister, her name is also Kyubey, but Bey for short, has found a way to create witches and tainted soul gems to this realm. By infusing black rukh with the soul of fallen human, she can create artificial soul gems. They act the same way as black metal vessels. However, the difference is that it is possible for the person that was that was turned to a witch can possibly be saved and turned back to humans. Which was with the case with Sayaka, the girl Caria saved." Kyubey or Kyu now for short, finished explaining.

Caria was stunned and looked over to the bed, where Sayaka was asleep.
"But here is the thing, Bey's beta  experiment was 8 years ago. She was able to successfully create a witch." Kyu explains further.
"What did this witch look like?" Hakuie asked.
Kyu summons out a card and shows everyone. Sinbad froze, he recognized it.
"The butterfly witch....Bella..." Sinbad mumbled.

No one else heard him, but Alphonse did

No one else heard him, but Alphonse did. He narrowed his eyes slightly at the king. Sinbad eyes did a glance at Kimi, who for some reason, began to be filled with guilt. Caria noticed this, but knows right now is not the time to ask her.

"Thank you Kyu. Now changing the subject...."Hakuie spoke and turns to Sinbad "tell me exactly why you want to force my sister back with Sindria with you? She may have been declared a traitor by my mother but that does not mean I will follow my mother's orders. Kougyoku is my sister, cousin, friend, and it doesn't matter what the empress says, Kougyoku always has, and will always be part of the Kou Empire. Do you really think I'll let you just take her? You'll have to pry her over my cold dead body and her brother's." Hakuie spoke with the voice and face of a queen.

Her household also stood straight and looked at the Seven Sea's Alliance with cold eyes. Caria and Alphonse stood next to Hakuie. Caria and Alphonse may be part of the seven sea's alliance because of their countries, but they themselves are not. They are allied to no one, and will act on their own. Even Kimi stood next to them.

Sinbad narrowed his eyes and so did the seven sea's alliance. Sinbad stood straight and looked at them with cold eyes, and spoke win the tone and voice authority of a King.
"Kougyoku is on the verge of falling into depravity. A bullet was implanted into her heart and is slowly eating away her memories. If not removed, it will make her forget everything, including you and her family. One my generals, who is a magician, is looking for a way to break the seal that is with the bullet. The seal is connected to every part of of her, and if tried to be extracted, the seal will kill her. My general is looking for a way to break the seal so it can be extracted." Sinbad explains.