Walk The Line pt. 2

Ashley POV

The dress was on and everything on me was done all I had do too was go down there and say the words, kiss her and spend a few painstaking hours then I could have her all to myself.

If I had it my way; Eliza and I would have eloped but she wasn't raised that way. I couldn't take away her devotion to her believes at all. Even if I tried. She wanted also something for our children to remember, seeing as it was taped and all. Or going to be, anyway. Although broadcasting made me nervous.

My father takes my hand as we walk out the studio hand in hand, going on to the car. The paparazzi were flashing at me so much I fell into the car, I asked the video editor of our marriage document to cut that part out. He did no way. Filmbuffs like to keep things raw.

I had a few fans (which is something I never thought I'd have) come up to my car and ask me to sign papers through the window before leaving for my wedding. I've girl was blubbering and saying 'thank you' a lot. Then commented on my dress "it's so beautiful! Is it by Wang?"

I nodded. Then the car drove off leaving behind two little teenage girls. They were at their prime, I was the role model of little girls and young women. It was a gift to be apart of it all, I think very much so in the future it it going to be my up front job to be the best for my children. Especially my girls.

I take one last unbridled look at my egg runny, wild and unruly New York neighborhood. This was a neighbor hood of youth, no one older than thirty six lives here. They are either the ones who never marry of the single and young couples. I'd miss this part of the city where they were clubs just about everywhere, the smoke joints and Hispanic sandwich making delis. My fiancee would be asking me to move into the Bright side of New York. The side of mostly pish posh-- No; The East Egg Harbor of New York, New York City. My Daisy Buchanan-like wife.

I thought of it as very ridiculous for the streets to be cleared off just for my wedding day; although if it hadn't, I would have been taking another hour just to get down to the church which was only ten minutes away. 

We were making quick time, effortlessly.  "here is something blue," my mother in law and dad said in perfect unison. I was passed a pair of blue earrings from my dad. "from your first mother; she wore them on our day," and wedding  garter. It is in pastel blue, it's lace and very beautiful. 

"Whom did this belong to?" I ask my mother in law. 

She smiles. "my daughter; your step sister's." I smile back at my new mother.

"Thanks ma," my father looks away and so dies she then I slip it on. It was very beautiful. I think one day I'll give this to Dallas. Then her other sisters.

"Oh my God!" dad gasps. The look on my father's face was like a child on Christmas, he was turning from pink to red to purple. My dad is my biggest fan. Once the car stopped dad jumped out the car forgetting my mother. He pulls me out by the arm. "honey this thing is happening and we're doing this! Are you ready?"

I nod. My dad is taking my hand softly and we're walking onto the first set of stairs. People are filming me live and all I can really feel is just my heart walking out of my chest to Eliza. "dad don't let me fall on my ass."

"I got you Honey."

My veil blinds me from seeing people beyond the glass doors as we walk past the foyer of the church. I was grasping onto the notes of vows in my hands. The music begins to play then Madelyn, Paris and Gia walk out from the glass door. Eliza insisted we have Gia at the wedding as well. 

I was so nervous. I was sweating like a pig and at any moment I felt as though I could bray like a horse or donkey. 

After five minutes of my friends walking down ever so slowly the aisle it was my turn. Pachelbel's Canon began playing by the "New York Orchestra" ,  I wonder how much that cost to get them to play.