A Time For Living and Loving pt. 1

Author's POV

There is a time for everything and when we do find love after all, when our wild hearts settle down and become still for a moment when we finally realize we see the one we can go on for the rest of our lives. I haven't been so lucky in that part but I can experience what love is from these two, I mean you have to be in love madly some point in your life to write about it, right?

For me writing about Ashley and Eliza had been an extreme gift, an honor, yet a roller coaster as well. It is and was a joy to write about two very different people and to know the Yin and the Yang and I don't just mean racially as of my love for white girls and women. I mean the hardness of one person and the softness and together it takes a very firm contrast of feelings to be shared at two or more bodies. 

Now since I was raised Christian and I am bisexual as some know, I get a little dazed that it's two women being married and thought should it be man and woman? Well no, it's not and that is perfectly fine because after I push away the Christian views of myself and it's just me, Brianna I see that this love and all other loves are different. Love has no color. Love has no gender. Love doesn't have race, marry a mermaid for all I care, be with an alien or whatever. A Jew in this time can marry a German. As the movie "Loving" puts it, a black woman down South where it was very hard at the time can love a white man, she could show it. An asexual can love, sometimes even better than some others can. 

This is love, and it has meaning and purpose without the "fight or flight", loving shouldn't have to always be at a worrisome dangerous price but what can I say? It does for others. Today we've come to celebrate that in a very fictional way. 

New York, New York City "The Big Apple" ,  Monday 20th, year: 2020 31st and Sunshine street. Ashley, Maddy and Paris' studio apartment. 

Eliza POV

It is 8:15 in the morning and I am at my girlfriend's home all alone. Her bed is soft and wide, it smells of graphite and oil paint. I take one last sniff of her single life and wonder how many women she bought home or how many nights she'd slept alone. 

I get up from the sapphire blue sheets and unwrap from the blanket. My wedding starts at 11:30, my sisters will come get me in the next ten minutes as I check my phone and read messages from Joss and Vera. One from Nate saying the easel is in the cake room while last minute designs are being thrown onto the cake while it's cooling. 

The temptation is very hard not to text her, not to say "Good morning baby, I miss you, how did you sleep?" with all the emojis in the world that otherwise says electronically how much I love her. 

I went to the bathroom to hurry up and do my business. This is finally one of those days where I don't have to get up and manually do the makeup myself but have someone do it for me while I just sit and sip on champagne. 

While I'm brushing my teeth my phone buzzes and it's a screenshot of the recent news from People Magazine with Ashley there, I read the article swiping through the pages. "recent survivalist and artist, Ashley Black,  23 spotted at Galina Sivs with her two best friends late at night," there was another picture with a red circle around her engagement ring. "the young artist engaged to the one and only designer Eliza Robinson spotted next to actor Ron Beatty." what was she doing leaving Siv's next to Ron Beatty? Then again Ron Beatty was in town and his music is pretty hot right about now. He did a concert two nights ago. I read another paragraph of the article and there was a video of Ashley and Ron singing karaoke. They sang the theme song to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" . I began laughing as my fiancee was in a drunken stupor and rapping with Ron Fucking Beatty.

I left the bathroom and put some pants on with my flats and top. I heard my sister's car and quickly grabbed my phone, the charger, glasses and jacket. I locked the door behind me. I got in the car and a bag brown paper bag of Starbucks was handed into me. "scones, caramel coffee, a blueberry muffin all for you sis, eat up, we have to get you to the studio to get your whole face and hair done!"