Queens Of New York (pt.1)

Ashley POV

"Yes, yes, yes!" she screams while lying down comfortably on the bed. 

"Honey I think the bed is fine just where it is, our guest will be well rested enough as if you haven't already just spend ten-thousand on lounging beds!" I yell at Eliza, ready to pull out my own hair. My dearest girlfriend is about to blow a salesman's yearly income tax check. We're just getting started too, she's not done. Everything for this Halloween party will be around a few million. 

She rolls her eyes and kisses my cheek as we're being moved around on a lounge bed, "halt!" she raises her voice from a bullhorn, "this spot will do, this is a good spot for lighting and stage view, now everyone else spread out with the beds!" Eliza had loved a good party but more than that was to make sure they were comfortable and instead of chairs and such, she chose lounge beds as if this were a Greek toga party with wine, cheeses, prosciutto and grapes with half naked women in linens. 

There was a stage being built for nominations, performances and well for us to have our thrones standing. Yes.... Thrones, Eliza thought for one night we should be queens. She's invited every darn person she knows and well made me invite everyone I knew. 

She had "Cake Boss' ", Buddy Valastro make a cake for tomorrow night's ball. There was no theme, she wanted everyone to come as they are whether it's a costume or a fancy tux and gown. Everyone had a house name too; there were four different house names for the party so we'd know who was invited and not invited. 

House Robinson

House Black

House Borgia 

And last but not least, House of Langdon. As in Vera Langdon, Eliza's sister. We were all deeply shocked when Eliza invited her sister and "subjects" to be invited to the ball. Vera and I had learned to get along through the past month of planning the ball. Everyone with invitations in the mail would receive a hologram invite once the envelope was opened with three temporary tattoos of each house symbol they were invited by.

Eliza's house symbol was a crimson red Robin with a black eye and fiery wings. I had a black triangle that represented my house. Nate had his sign become a white brass gold dragon and well for Vera... A heart tied up in a knot. 

I walk from the bed and up the stage to my throne... All of this was too fancy for me. I had real jewels in my throne, they were stones the colors of opal, lavender and cream. My " royal subjects" were to wear pastels. My throne was too good for me, the rest of the silver and having small lion heads on the hand rest, it was a huge seat to fill. 

I sat down however, looking around at the floors where there would be people lounging, laughing and doing God knows what. I look at the marble floor for a while before interrupted by Eliza. "is it comfortable enough for my love?" she asks as her heels clonk up the small set of stairs. Comfortable wasn't the word, I was ready to sleep but for an answer, I nodded to her. 

"Why don't you two love birds please go home and rest?" questioned Vera. "I will finish up here as you wanted it to look Eliza, it'll be perfect."

Eliza and I look forward to her sister. "are you sure?" she smiles ever so lightly to her sister then back at me for a reassuring look. I look back into her beautiful eyes and everything behind her is black. 

"Yes Ms. Robinson, just get ya'self outchea' and lemme do my thing." Vera chuckled. With no hesitation we jet out of the humongous venue. 

We ran out and saw it was raining. Eliza and I forgot to check the forecast! "should we make a run for it or wait?" Eliza asked. I didn't feel like waiting so I grabbed my parka and held it up over me, she did the same. Together we ran for the car, quickly she scanned her hand on the handle to get access and we both got in.