Overtime

Dylan's pov

Waking up Early the Florida mornings weren't ever my thing since I was young and could remember that I was originally a Florida resident. But such is life and shit; I'm going to see my mom and sister. Dad and my brother were in the Navy. Last night my little sister even warned me out cousins from Philadelphia would be over today and for a while.

I check my phone and see it's only 12:00 sharp. I had the impression it was early in the morning but I guess I had over slept and so did Ashley. Sex all day yesterday could give that affect on a person I see. My stomach growled so that's when I woke Ash up and Gia hopped on my stomach begging for food. "good morning Gia, who's a good girl?" she barked. She licked my nose and then pawed my chest. "okay, okay I got you girl." I kissed Gia's head.

I got out of bed and went to the desk and poured her food from her doggie bowl and loosened a bottle of cool water in her drinking bowl. "arf!" she barked.

"Uh huh; You're welcome pretty thing,"

Ashley got up and out of the bed. She hadn't slept on her bed since we arrived here, she's been sharing my bed with me and I was okay with that. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "good morning best friend!" and I let my head sank down. I've been friend zoned...

I let it go soon and made myself a smoothie. I took out ice from the mini fridge, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple, quickly I toss it all in the Ninja blender. "morning Ash," I watch as the fruits are pulverized.

"Hey can you add some spinach and apple slices in there?" she asked.

"I didn't know you wanted one but sure," I stop the blender and look for the spinach and apple slices in the fridge. I put it all in there for us and put the lid back on and resume to blending the smoothie. My phone rang on the desk. I reach it and answer, looking at the ID. It's Boris.

"What's up man?" I answer.

He chuckled. "Nothing much, Mads wanted to see how Ashley was since Maddie broke her phone in the water, but before the ladies get to talking man I gotta know... You hittin' that good good?" he asked.

"Pssh, hell yeah I am--" I stalk to the bathroom so Ashley couldn't hear. "but I think I'm falling for her man, yet I know she doesn't feel the same." I sigh sadly.

Boris hissed, " You know Eliza Robinson would have kicked your ass if she wasn't MIA recently, no one knows where she is so give it a shot man, just see where this goes, maybe she will love you." he yawned. "but they were real nice together-- shit I don't know who to root for; You and her or her and Eliza."

Boris totally just lost me, "Anyway..." I started. "when are you coming back to The Big Apple?"

"In six months, I'm going to propose To Maddie here and get married there."

That was a shock. "Good luck, alright let me go so they can talk."

"Babe you can have the phone now!" Boris hollered while walking, "girl can you stop looking the in damn bathroom mirror!" he handed her the phone, so then I left the bathroom and handed it to Ashley.

"Who's this?" she asked.

"Mads," I answered. "her phone broke while she is still in Africa because she dropped it in the water or something like that, I'm going to get dressed soon and bring some things with us before we head out to my mom's house."

Ashley nodded. "hey babes, how's Africa?" she put my phone on speaker.

"Girl Africa is the place to be if you need to get away from busy city life, Boris and some Safari guide caught me Lion and soon I'm gonna hang it up when Boris and I move into his house, we also got to dance in the crowd with some kids and I am learning a lot of things about Africa!"