Chapter 15

UNEDITED......

The following Friday evening.

Out of all days, for River to have to work late, it was the one night she had plans. She left work in a hurry and went straight to the bowling ally still dressed in her lab coat. The place was nearly empty, and kinda dark, almost like a bar. Not a place she was expecting. Next time she should look up reviews before she just picks a destination. She walks passed the check-in desk and finds Landen sitting all by his lonesome in the bowling aisle four while staring at his phone. He was dressed very casually, soft jeans, and a soft black tee. "Hey." She stands before him.

"Finally." He puts his phone in his pocket. "I was starting to think you were going to stand me up."

"I'm so sorry. I got held up with some work stuff." She explains.

"I hope you're a size six." He holds up a pair of blue, wore out, bowling shoes.

She lifts her bag off her shoulder and onto an empty seat in their lane. "Actually, I am."

"Forget about work now, lets have some fun. He hands her the shoes and without warning, moves behind her to assist her in taking off her coat. "Change into theses, I'll get the game set up." He moves to the monitor and enters her name as 'Ree' and his as 'The Winner.'

"You're gonna have to change that?" She watches from the scoring monitor above their heads.

"I highly doubt that." He disagrees arrogantly. "When is the last time you bowled?"

"I used to bowl all the time with my friends." She finishes tying her laces and walks over toward the screen.

He turns to face her and blocks it. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm going to change it. There's no way you're going to be the winner."

"Wow. You are either overly confident or not at all." He folds his arms.

She places her hands on her hips. "Look who's talking. Mr. I'm-Going-To-Win. And we haven't even started the game yet."

He was so amused. It was written all over his face. "Truth hurts doesn't it?" Okay, maybe your right, maybe I shouldn't be so blunt. We could at least pretend for your sake, that you have a shot against me" He smirks.

"Step aside Brenner." She orders.

"No." His smirk grows.

"I'm changing that." She declares.

"No, you're not." He disagrees. "Cuz lets face it, you can't move me."

"You brought me here to make up for the fact that you made me faint. Is this how you do that?"

His expression changes. His eyes searched her intensely for a few seconds. He was trying to figure her out, and he noticed her features didn't budge from serious. Stepping aside he apologizes. "I'm sorry Ree."

"Ha." She laughs and begins spelling out Brenner on the machine. "You don't need brawn to make something move. If you get smart enough you can make people do it for you." She teases.