Chapter 10

UNEDITED

That evening, even after telling Landen that she doesn't like dancing, he practically hounded River until she agreed to go with him. Like, barge in house, invade her closet, and push her in the shower. He hated all her clothes, all of it. He rummaged through until he found items that were still in gift bags. He ended up picking out a pair of black shorts, a scarlet-red armless blouse that dipped low in the cleavage area and, ankle-strap red heels. She had to admit he had good taste and knew what would suit her body. Even himself he dressed with thought. He wore dark jeans, and a crisp white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up enough to show off his ink. A Rolex was bedazzling his right wrist, simply adding to is debonair like appearance.

Once they arrived in the club, there was a lengthy line but, they were let in by the bouncers automatically. A waitress escorted them to a small circular table in a corner behind an open royal blue curtain. They were treated like VIPs. A new experience for River. She tried not to show her awe.

"Two tequila shots please." He orders once they are both seated. 

River glances around awkwardly. Believe it or not, she was very naive when it came to this kind of stuff. She didn't care too live this part of life, but that didn't stop her mouth from dropping open at all the vulgar dancing going on. Some of the people were making out, others were nearly having sex. "This isn't for me." She turns back to find Landen watching this Latin-bombshell across the room. She was surrounded by more Latin-bombshells and, starring at him too. He seemed not to have an ounce of reserve in him. He was making this girl turn bright red with a fade smile.

"Let's dance." He turns to her suddenly.

"No way." She stresses firmly.

"Why do you keep yourself in sorrow? Do you like to be sad all the time?" He leans back in his seat and folds his arms. 

"No. I'm not sad." She denies.

"Then let go of all of your baggage for a night Ree. Be open to let yourself have some fun. What's it gonna do, kill you?"

Her shoulders drop. "I guess your right but, I just don't think this is my kind of fun though."

"You've done this before then." He assumes sarcastically.

"No, but-"

"I didn't think so. How would you know it isn't your type of fun then?" He proves his point.

The waitress comes back, she places down two shot glasses with lime and salt on the table. "Here you are." The blond smiles sweetly.

"Thanks." Landen peeks over at her name tag. "Monica." He plays with her name on his mouth and then adds a wink.

She blushes of course. "Anything else?" It was funny how she didn't look at River once.

"I'll let you know."

"Ew." River announces as soon as she's gone. "Your disgusting."

"Because I like to flirt?" He passes her a shot.

"No thanks." She pushes it back.

He shrugs before taking both shots back to back. "Come on. I brought you here to dance so, we're gonna dance." He stands and extends both of his hands out.

"No dry humping." She warns him as she points at an example.

"Of course not." He promises.

Hesitantly, she places her palms in his, lets him pull her up, and lead her to the dance floor.  "Wouldn't this make her think we're dating." She reminds him about his new table of friends once her hands settle on his shoulders.