Laced - Chapter 56 (A Panicked Reaction)

Magsimula sa umpisa

When I hear her take another step, I do the only thing I have to do. The click the bullet makes as it settles into the barrel has the intended effect - she stops dead in her tracks.

Finally the bastard decides to knock some sense into Abby when he warns her, "Abby, do as he says. Just get in the car, I don't want you to get hurt."

Fuck him, I'm the last person to hurt Abby. I'm so infuriated by this accusation, my finger brushes against the trigger, ready to take him down.

"Seb-" Abby protests from behind me, only to be cut off by the asshole.

"Go! I don't want you to get hurt. I'll settle this-"

"She's not going to get hurt, the only one getting hurt is you if she doesn't get in the car right now." I threaten him, and Abby.

Abby hesitates from behind me, and that idiot assures her to go inside. Good.

The second she shuts the door behind her, I pull out my key and press down on the lock button, locking her inside. I couldn't take the chance and risk her having a stupid idea to run for it, because then someone was going to get hurt, and it wasn't going to be me.

"Please, man, just let me talk to my sister." He takes a daring step towards me, but his hands are still in the air.

I don't answer him, and back up.

"Look man, please don't hurt my sister. I'll pay you, whatever the amount."

"I'd be the last one to hurt her. You're the selfish one who fucking left her alone when she was a child." I spit back, and take another step backwards towards my car door.

His lips part, as if he's surprised, and he takes in a slow breath. "She told you that?"

I don't nod, I don't affirm his answer, I don't say yes. He doesn't deserve to fucking know.

Sebastian's expression is desperate as I take another step back. "Please, man! Just give me five minutes to talk to her! C'mon-"

My hand finds the handle of the car door, and before I open it, I shake my head. "Not happening. You lost your chance a couple years ago."

--

Adrenaline is still rushing through my veins as I pull out of the parking garage, and I'm driving well over the speed limit, but the amount of fucks I gave at this point were zero. None; nothing at all.

It's truly amazing how adrenaline makes senses more acute, but right now, I just wanted to close my eyes and shut everything out. Way too much has happened in an incredibly short amount of time, and I think my head just might explode.

She hasn't said anything yet, but she's crying silently except for the occasional sob.

I keep my eyes trained on the road that led me to the highway, not because I had to, but because there was no way I could look at Abigail right now without being eaten alive by guilt.

I can sense that she's on the verge of exploding, and my suspicions are confirmed when she finally does.

"What the fuck was that?!" She's already yelling.

I don't make eye contact with her, and I can't answer her even if I wanted to, because honestly, I didn't know what the fuck just happened. It was all becoming like a blur to me.

"What the fuck! Tell me!! You were going to shoot my fucking brother! Are you fucking insane!?!!?"

Yes, I probably am. I am completely, utterly, absolutely insane. My lips don't move, but my insides are screaming.