Laced - Chapter 48 (Rebellious Brothers and Long Road Trips)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

The drive is long, quiet, and the low hum of the car is almost hypnotic. There was a silence in between us, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It had been an hour into the drive already, and he'd refused to even hint at where he could possibly take me.

A hand falls on my thigh, and I glance over to him. Master Zayn flashes me a full smile, teeth and all, so I placed my hand atop his and return his grin.

Involuntarily, a yawn escapes my lips, and I withdraw my hand from Master's to cover my mouth.

"Are you tired?" He asks, turning down the heat a bit. The air had gotten stuffy, and I was grateful that he'd noticed.

"A bit." Truth is, I shouldn't be, but the hypnotic hum of the tires on the road, the heat, and the fact that I was on my period were making me groggy.

I let in a sharp intake of breath, and freeze. Shit, shit, shit, shit. I was on my period. And I forgot to pack tampons.

My reaction must have been noticeable enough, because he turns his head to look at me, giving me a confused glance. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I flush and duck my head, avoiding his stare. "Sir - the road, pay attention to the road." I plead, trying to distract him.

"I am." He says, flicking his head back to the road for a short second before turning back to me. "Now, what's wrong?"

"Nothing..." I lie, and cover my reddening face with my hands.

"Abigail..." He says sternly.

"Sir." I plead. "Forget it, please. Nothing's wrong."

"Are you lying to me again, Abigail? You know how I feel about that." His voice is unreadable, but I can sense he's starting to get angry.

"I just..." I don't want to continue my sentence.

"Tell me." He's struggling to keep his voice controlled, his hand grasping the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

I hesitate, and look out of the window.

"Don't make me stop the car, Abigail, because I will. And I don't want this to be a shitty vacation, so just tell me, unless you want to give it a bad start." He advises, and then switches lanes effortlessly.

"Fine." I say under my breath, groaning. I knew his threat was probably serious, so I look away and focus on the cars we passed by on the freeway.

"So?" He says, nonchalantly now, knowing he was victorious. "What is it?"

"I forgot to pack tampons." I mumble, my voice so low that he can't hear.

"What? Abigail, speak up." He demands, and switches lanes once more, so that we were on the left lane.

I glance at the speedometer - he's going almost eighty miles per hour. I would chastise him for speeding, but right now he only wanted to hear one thing, and one thing only. "Tampons." I squeak, and cover my face with my hands.

"Oh." He states, and the chuckles, and I peek out from under my hands to see his Adam's apple bobbing as he did so. "Why didn't you tell me? It's not a big deal."