Laced - Chapter 24 (Bringing Up the Past)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

~~

Abby's POV

Two pairs of eyes looked up at me - the brown ones annoyed, and the blue ones surprised.

Niall was the first one to speak. "What are you doing here, Abby?"

Zayn pushed his rolling chair away from the conference table, turning to face me. His eyes narrowed. "How much did you hear?"

I folded my arms nervously. "Enough to know that I need to help you."

"No."

"But Sir-"

"No, Abigail!" Master Zayn growled.

"Sir!" Niall interrupted, gaining the attentions of both of us. "Let's talk about this in a professional manner, yeah? Abby, take a seat." Niall pushed a chair to me, and I sat down across from him, next to Zayn.

I drummed the fingers on my unfractured hand on the table nervously, waiting for Zayn to say something. Anything.

Finally, I spoke up. "I'll just go to Sykes. It's not a big deal. I'll just go see what he wants and talk it out, and then we can leave, right?" I turned Zayn.

He ran an angry hand through his hair. "Abigail, can you be a little less stupid?"

I frowned, not taking offense to his words - he was just angry. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, he's not going to simply 'talk' to you. And I won't be able to take you back."

I pondered for a second. "If it stops him from threatening you - I'll do it."

Niall stood up. "She said she'll do it."

Zayn glared at him. "I heard." He turned to me. "No."

"But why not? It's just like being a slave here! How is this any different?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Niall, you're dismissed. Go."

Niall quickly got up and left the room without a word, leaving the two of us alone.

I pulled my chair away from the table, turning to Zayn.

"Why not, Sir?"

"Because." He snapped.

"But if it'll help you-"

He suddenly stood up, yelling at the top of his lungs. "No Abigail! I said no, and that's final! Do you not understand? Sykes will rape, beat and abuse you! Repeatedly, 'till you're dead! Do you want that?" He snarled.

I shrunk back into my seat. "No." I said in a small voice.

"Do you want to be beaten till you're nothing but a pulp?" He questioned.

I hesitated, but then looked into his eyes, piercing his with my blue ones as courage coursed through my veins.

"How is that any different than what you did to Harry?"

--

Zayn's POV

She looked at me with her bright blue irises, and spoke.