Laced - Chapter 54 (The Riverwalk)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Zayn's POV

"Yes. I want both you and Nick to come." I say into the receiver.

Niall sighs, but agrees. "What else do you need me to do?"

"The regular introduction; show her around the mansion, explain the rules and schedules, and then send her to Liam so he can check her health." I tell him quickly.

"Alright, Sir. I'll be leaving with Nick in a few minutes to come pick her up."

"Good. I'll see you then, tell me when you're near."

"We should be there in about forty-five minutes, an hour at the most. Outside the Government building, right?"

"Correct."

"Alright, I'll call you when we're near. See you soon, Sir."

I hang up the phone, and rub my temples. Slipping the device into my pocket, I grab the handle of the café's door, pull it open, and step inside.

When I make my way back to the booth, Abby looks up at me in confusion as she's whispering to Jillian, and holding her hand.

"Jillian, you're coming with us. Do you have any stuff?" I say, and Abby stands up.

Jill freezes, looking up at me, confusion clear in her eyes. "What?"

"You're coming with us," I repeat slowly, as if I was talking to a child. "I just got it all arranged. You don't belong here any more."

Her expression is one of disbelief, and she blinks a few times, as if she was trying to wake up from a dream that wasn't real. "Are you serious?" Her voice comes out breathless, almost a whisper.

I nod, and Jill covers her mouth with a small hand, keeping herself from crying out.

It takes me a few seconds to realize that Jill's whole body had begun to shake in silent sobs, and Abigail immediately stood by her side and wrapped her arms around the petite woman, comforting her.

"Hey, it's okay." Abby says softly, her voice soothing. "You're going to be okay, now."

Abigail's crystal aqua irises look up to meet mine, asking me to give her and the woman some space.

I give her a quick nod. "I'm going to go pay the bill, and then we can get out of here, yeah?"

Turning around, I give the woman some space, and Abby sits Jill down to calm her.

--

Abby's POV

My first emotion towards our waitress was irrational hatred. I guess I had been annoyed, and maybe even jealous by the fact that Master Zayn had paid attention to the woman that was serving us.

But as he pointed out earlier...I guess it was just an irrational jealousy bubbling inside of me.

When she came back with the fresh mark across her face, I felt guilty, dare I say, that I had such ill feelings toward her. She was harmless, respectful, and in need of help.

It was my first instinct to comfort her when sobs racked her underweight frame, and I immediately pleaded for Zayn to give her some space.

Surprisingly quick, he obliged, and left to pay the bill.