Laced - Chapter 16 (An Illusion of Strength)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

Zayn's POV

I put my arm around Perrie, keeping her close to me as we got out of the car and made our way up the pathway towards Sykes's mansion, escorted by his foul guards, Siva and Max.

I could sense Perrie's discomfort with the leering gazes the guards gave her. They were hungry, hungry with lust.

"Ignore them." I whispered into her ear, wrapping an arm around her protectively. "I won't let them touch you."

She nodded, biting her lip. "I'm scared." She whispered, slowing down her pace of walk.

I squeezed her hand reassuringly, but didn't say anything as we reached the grand metal doors of Sykes's mansion. The front guards gave us a quick glance and let us in once they saw we were being escorted by another two of their guards.

One of the guards, who I recognized to be Tom, gave me a smug smile. "Master Nathan has been waiting for your arrival."

He unlocked the heavy metal doors, and pulled them open. "Follow me, Sir." He sneered, his tone condescending.

I motioned for Perrie to follow after him, and I followed after her.

As soon as we entered the dimly-lit mansion, one of the guards grabbed Perrie's arm, pulling her away from me. "She comes with us separately." The guard announced.

Perrie looked at me pleadingly, and I clenched my jaw. If I said anything, Sykes would be difficult. I noticed Perrie's eyes well up with tears, so I turned around, looking away and crossing my arms as they took her away.

I dug my hands into my pockets, annoyed. Why couldn't Sykes just back the fuck off? I hated having to bring a slave to please him every time he threatened.

I heard a smack, and then Perrie squealed. I quickly looked back to see what was going on.

Red-hot fury burst through me as I realized Tom had smacked Perrie's ass. Reacting without sparing a second to think, I attacked him, shoving him with all my force to the floor. I quickly grabbed Perrie's arm, forcefully pulling her away from Tom's filthy hands. I pushed her behind me, standing in front of her protectively.

"Keep your filthy hands off her, you son of a bitch!" I spit, glaring at him vehemently. I cringed as I heard Perrie's muffled sobs from behind me, but continued to glare at Tom.

Grabbing him up by the collar, I held my fist threateningly close to his face. "If you dare lay one fucking finger on her, I'll fucking kill you, without sparing you a second thought. Is that clear, Parker?"

"What's going on here?" An amused voice interrupted us, and I looked to my side to see none other than Nathan Sykes himself approaching us.

I spit at Tom, and used all my force to push him to the floor before returning to face Sykes. He gave me an amused look.

"Your filthy guard decided it was okay to violate my slave." I said nonchalantly.

Sykes shrugged, giving Tom a quick shake of the head in disapproval. He turned to me. "You can come with me." He motioned for us to follow him, and so I quickly grabbed Perrie's forearm, squeezing it reassuringly and pulling her alongside me. I felt her body shake with silent sobs, so I brought my lips to her ear and whispered comfortingly to her. "Don't cry."