Laced - Chapter 44 (Claiming Dominance)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

"What I don't understand is that for Sykes to know all this shit - all this about you - is that someone had to tell him. Someone on the inside, here." Master Zayn reasons.

I remain silent, and lean against my door as Zayn takes a seat on my bed. He runs his long fingers through his hair, and lets out a frustrated sigh. His lips are slightly swollen from the kissing me just a few minutes ago, and I am sure mine are the same.

"But who?" He asks, to no one in general. "And how do they have contact with him? Or know anything about you?"

I move my shoulders up and down, shrugging. "I don't know. Has anyone been acting suspicious,  lately?"

--

Zayn's POV

"Suspicious?" I raise an eyebrow, taking what she had said into consideration.

"Yeah. Like, not like their normal selves.  I don't know."

I brought my hand up to my chin, and closed my eyes. Who could've said something....and more importantly, why?

My subconscious' immediate thought was Perrie. She'd been acting very weird lately. I immediately shook away the thought - it didn't make any sense. Perrie was terrified of Sykes, she wouldn't say shit to him if you paid her a million dollars.

Maybe, just maybe, it was Harry. He was definitely unhappy about me having Abby. But then again, he cares too much for Abby to risk her safety by telling Sykes, so it can't be him.

Not knowing who it was just annoyed me further, and I couldn't stand it. I hated not being in control of the situation I was in.

"It might be..." Abigail started, but I cut her off by raising my hand at her.

"Enough." I say sternly. "I don't want to hear more about it. I've had enough for one day."

She frowns. "But Sir-"

"Abigail."

She purses her lips, and rolls her eyes. I stand up from her bed. "I need to go back out there before anyone notices." My eyes fall on her dress. "Isn't there anything you can wear that isn't so..." I don't exactly know what I'm asking for, but I hate the male attention she was receiving tonight.

"Revealing? Immodest? Whore-ish?" She fills in for me, a smile teasing at her lips. "No. This is all I was given."

My frown deepens, and I cross my arms. "Well, since you aren't competing anymore, you can stay here for the rest of the night."

"What? No!" She protests.

"Why not, Abigail? You can consider this as your punishment." I reason.

"Punishment? Punishment for what?" Her voice is much louder than the soothing tone it was just seconds ago.

"I told you not to drink, and you didn't obey me."

She thrashes her hands up in the air, frustrated. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, right? This ridiculous!  I am not drunk! Having a drink or two does not make someone drunk!"