Laced - Chapter 28 (Realizations)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

~~

Liam's POV

Abby sat on the patient table in one of the smaller rooms of the hospital wing, waiting impatiently for her cast to be removed.

When I had been in medical school, I was surprised to learn that casts were removed by a small medical saw. It was quite a scary experience to do it the first time, and still horrifying during the second, but eventually I got used to it, and now it was second nature to me.

Of course you had to be careful to cut only the cast, and not go any deeper....the results would be horrifying.

I heard a voice calling my name, and I paused.

"Liam!" Harry swung open the door of the room, and froze when his eyes fell on the slight figure that sat on the patient table. "Where did you put thos-"

"Yes?" I answered quickly, but I could feel the tension in the air as Abby kept her eyes averted and started playing with her fingers uncomfortably.

"I, uh, uh..." he trailed.

"Harry, I need you to set up the pillow, and put her arm up on it for me - I forgot to get the scissors. I'll be right back." I quickly helped him out, knowing he hadn't talked to Abby in quite a while - his mood had gone down the drain, and he didn't talk much as we worked together everyday at the hospital wing. So I knew a little privacy with Abby is just what he needed.

"Um, sure."

I could see the appreciation in his green eyes as I walked out of the door and left the two alone in the room together.

--

Harry's POV

No matter how annoying Liam got at times, I loved him. His heart was bigger than anyones'. He knew what had been bothering all week long, and although I refused to speak about it, he knew. And when I just so happened to accidentally walk in on him preparing to cut off Abby's cast, he immediately made up a stupid excuse for himself to leave the room to leave me alone with Abby.

Which gave me a perfect start on my plan to get her back, and convince her to come with me.

She played with her fingers, keeping her eyes averted, avoiding my gaze. I cleared my throat, pulling open a drawer near the sink and pulling out a small blue pillow, and walked over to the patients' table, where Abby sat. Carefully, I picked up her casted hand, pulling it away from her, and set it on the pillow, which I set on her lap. "Here."

Abby looked torn between thanking me, and not saying anything. Finally, I spoke up. "Abby..."

She cut me off. "No, Harry, I don't want to hear it. I'm not running away."

Suddenly, I exploded. "Abby! You're so fucking annoying, you know that? I wasn't going to even say that!" I was so pissed at her. She didn't even give me the chance to apologize, to tell her that she was right. But no, girls think they know everything. I was furious, and I only paused to take a breath before going off on her again.

"You think you know everything, Abby, but you don't! You're still new here, and you think you can get your way with every fucking person just because your 'special case'!. Well, it's time to get over it, because nobody fucking cares. You're no different than every person here. You're selfish, and you only think about yourself! Of course the first thing you thought I was going to say was to try to convince you to come with me! But you're wrong, Abby, you're wrong."