Laced - Chapter 62 (Complications)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~
Abby's POV

Beep beep beep.

"Fucking hell!" I can't even tell what kind of emotion there is behind Harry's voice.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"It was supposed to be way to get out! And the guards wouldn't be on duty on the grounds because of the guests arriving! This wasn't supposed to happen! Fuck!" Harry's shouting angrily, and he throws off his bag.

Beep beep beep.

"What are we going to do?" I ask him frantically, fearing what would happen to us if Zayn found out. We'd be dead. Or punished. Or both.

Beep beep beep.

Harry looks to me, but I can tell he's not looking at me. His mind was somewhere else, trying to figure a way out of the mess we were already in.

Beep beep beep.

The GPS microchip underneath the skin of his wrist continued to beep nonstop, only adding to the stress of the moment.

Beep.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck." Harry chanted, crouching down to his bag and pulling open one of the smaller zippers.

Beep.

"Harry, what are you doing-" I ask, but then I'm stunned into silence as he pulled out a small pocket knife from his bag.

Beep beep.

"Harry, you can't-"

Beep.

He cuts me off. "I have no other choice, I have to cut it out!"

Beep.

I look at him like he's crazy, and then I grab hold of both of his arms.

Beep.

"You can't!"

Beep.

His whole idea is freaking me out, and the nonstop beeping is only adding to my growing hysteria.

Beep.

I don't realize that I'm screaming until Harry brings a soft finger to my lips. "Calm down, Abby. I'll be fine. I have to pull it out or it'll blow everything."

Beep.

His voice is surprisingly calm - much too calm for a situation like this. He's already made his decision.

Beep beep.

"How are you going to?" I bite down on my lip, hard, worry in my eyes. "I don't want you to do this for me, you don't have to! We can go back! I don't want you to hurt yourself!"

Beep.

"I'm not doing it for you! I'm doing it because I want to get out! You don't have to feel guilty." Harry says, and I don't know how to reply.

Beep.

"We don't have much time. Can you pull out the first aid kit I packed in my bag? It's in the second zipper." His voice is much lower now, and a deadly calm.