Laced - Chapter 56 (A Panicked Reaction)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

"Sebastian?"

I gasp, and stare at him, who only stood a few meters away from me, on the other side of the car.

I am frozen in place, and Sebastian looks up when I call his name.

A look of shock and disbelief registers on his face, with bluish eyes a spitting image of mine. "Abbs?"

His nickname for me.

I don't even notice Zayn's head flick back to me, and then to Sebastian, but what I do notice is that in a split second, he opens the trunk of the car and pulls something out.

I am still frozen in place, out of pure shock, when the item in Zayn's hands comes up and into view, pointing it at Sebastian.

"Get back in the car, now." Zayn's back is to me, but he's speaking to me, and there's a new edge to his voice as he aims the small gun at Sebastian.

"No, what the fuck are you doing?" I scream, and take a step in his direction. "That's my brother-"

"I said get back in the car now! Or I'll shoot!" He yells, and takes an aggressive step in Sebastian's direction.

"No! Stop! Don't hurt him!" I protest, and again I take a step in his direction.

Sebastian has his hands up in the air in surrender, fear in his eyes. He makes eye contact with me, and I can tell there's an internal war raging on inside of him.

"This is the last time! Get back in the fucking car!" Zayn takes another aggressive step in his direction, his back to me the entire time, not meeting my eyes.

I'm about to completely ignore him, because I knew that he wouldn't actually shoot, until I heard the click of the bullet settling into its place in the barrel.

I stop in my tracks, and look up to my older brother for help. I had no clue what to do. I had to talk to him, but at the same time, I didn't want Sebastian to get hurt.

He looks from me to Zayn, and then back to me before giving me a pained grimace. "Abby, do as he says. Just get in the car, I don't want you to get hurt."

The sound of his voice rips through me - pain, sadness, and brotherly love all mixed together.

"Seb-"

"Go! I don't want you to get hurt. I'll settle this-"

"She's not going to get hurt, the only one getting hurt is you if she doesn't get in the car right now." Zayn says murderously, his back still to me. The gun is still pointed at Sebastian, the veins in Zayn's arms protruding as he held it up.

"I-I..." I don't know what to say, or do, but then Sebastian gives me a reassuring nod, mouthing 'Go', and then trains his eyes back on Zayn.

Numbly, I take a seat back into the car, and close the door behind me. I hear the click of locks, and I know that Zayn has locked me in with his car keys.

I look back, and I see Sebastian trying to negotiate with him, but Zayn's not backing down.

I don't even remember when I started crying, but the tears were falling freely now, and I didn't care to stop them.