Laced - Chapter 7 (Awkward Dinners)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

"One more push up! One more! C'mon, you can do it!" My personal trainer, Louis, encouraged.

I lowered myself one more time before my arms gave out on me. "Ugggghhhh...." I groaned, lying on the floor of the gym.

Louis sat down next to me. "Good work. I'll let you relax for a bit."

I refused to move, just lying there on the floor. He poked my side playfully. "You okay?"

Slowly, I nodded. "Yeah...just sore."

Then, he lay down on his back beside me. "So, how do you like it here, Abby?"

"Okay, I guess."

"You don't want to go home?" He questioned, curious.

I sighed. "It wasn't really much of a home there."

He nodded to himself, as if he had expected my answer. "It's like that with all of us, I think. All of the slaves here. Even though we're his slaves, he's sort of taken all of us under his wing, you know what I mean? We're all better off now than when we were free."

I stayed silent, thinking about what he had said.

"Zayn's really not a bad guy. He just puts on his demeaning persona to get his way."

I shrugged. I hadn't seen Zayn in the past three days, and although I tried to not let it get to me, I was angry at him. Angry, and hurt. He was definitely avoiding me. Which explained why he made Niall keep me locked up in my room during my free time.

"He really cares about all of us. He might not seem like he does, but we're all like one big family here." He continued.

"It's wrong." I finally spoke up.

"What's wrong?" He sat up, confused.

Sitting up, I motioned to everything around us. "This. The whole slavery thing. Your dependence on him."

He shook his head. "It's not like that, Abby. You don't understand."

"Well, maybe I don't want to."

He shrugged, then stood up. "C'mon, you're running on the treadmill for the final half hour."

--
I hopped out of my shower, pulling a towel around my body and wrapping my hair up in another towel.

It was around six o'clock in the evening, and I quickly dried myself, knowing Niall would be here to deliver my dinner soon.

I hadn't been allowed to eat my meals with everybody else, and it upset me. Especially because I knew Zayn was doing it so that he could avoid me.

I hadn't bothered to change into my clothes - I was much too exhausted. After completing my workout session with Louis, I was rushed off to kitchen duty, where I worked on the dishes with Amber. Hopping onto my bed, I sprawled out in a comfortable position, my towel still wrapped around my body.

I heard the jingling of keys a few seconds before the door unlocked, and Niall let himself in, closing the door behind him.

He raised an eyebrow at me as he eyed me on the bed. "Get dressed quick. I'm taking you to eat dinner."