Laced - Chapter 59 (Packing and Planning)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

I did as Harry advised last night, and began to pack a bag for when we left. It was a decent sized backpack that Harry had given to me - black, sturdy, and big enough to hold quite a few things.

Closing my eyes, I tried to remember what exactly Harry had said would be smart to pack.

There was really no telling what could come at us when we were out there, so packing everything that seemed helpful was a pretty good place to start. Of course, I had to remember that I was going to carry all this stuff on my back, so making sure it didn't get too heavy was also something I had to worry about.

Some shirts, a sweater, two pairs of pants. Extra socks, underwear, and two bras. A small blanket, neatly folded and pressed down so it wouldn't take up too much space. I considered stashing a pillow too, but quickly dismissed the idea when I realized that it would take up too much space.

When I couldn't think of anything else to pack, I headed into my bathroom to see what else we could possible need.

Towels. Yes, we needed towels, just in case. And soap.

I opened the cabinet underneath the sink, and found a couple of unopened boxes of bar soap. I grabbed one, and threw it into the backpack.

A toothbrush, and toothpaste. Toilet paper? Fuck, I had no clue what was going to happen and how we were going to use the restroom, so toilet paper was a definite necessity.

I grabbed all five spare rolls of toilet paper from under the sink, and then frowned when I realized that they were going to take so much space.

Suddenly, an idea came to mind, and I set down the rolls onto the counter and began to unroll them.

They'd take a lot less space if they were folded, and not around a roll. And so that's what I did for the next fifteen minutes or so - unrolling, folding, and packing them into my bag.

When that was done, I closed my backpack, setting it at the back of my closet, keeping it hidden just in case someone were to come inside my room.

I had kitchen duty in a few minutes - yesterday was the last day off that Liam had given me. But that was okay, because I needed to figure out exactly what we needed to pack for food afterwards my chores were done.

Closing the closet door, I exhaled in exhaustion, and then made my way to the kitchen downstairs.

~~

Harry's POV

Sunday.

They were always the slowest days in the hospital, because for some unknown reason, we never had that many events or injuries.

It was as if everyone's bodies just unanimously decided to give us a break on that one day, effectively making it a slow day at the hospital.

Usually, I'd be okay with the hospital being primarily silent, except for the Liam's occasional shuffle or cough, but today, I felt anxious, and I couldn't just sit and relax.