Laced - Chapter 15 (A Change in Perspectives)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

~~~

Zayn's POV

I adjusted the collar to my Italian black leather jacket and ran a quick hand through my hair as I stood near the two grand doors at the entrance of my mansion.

"Josh," I barked, calling the name of one of the door guards. "Where the fuck is Niall?"

I knew I shouldn't have been taking my anger out on him, or anyone other than Sykes for the matter, but my mood had drastically fallen since the emergency meeting after dinner. Especially when I found out that I'd have to meet with Sykes tonight, and not tomorrow morning.

"Sir," Josh walked up next to me, his eyes apologetic. "Niall should be here any moment."

"Who'd he pick to bring?"

Perrie's POV

We had literally only gotten to the part in the beginning of the movie - where the main female character, Paige, woke up after the accident in the hospital when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"What?" I turned around, surprised to see Niall.

"I need to ask you something." He replied, and motioned for me to follow him out of the entertainment room.

I rolled my eyes, but then got up. When I turned to follow Niall, a high-pitched voice spoke up.

"Perrie, do you want us to pause the movie for you?" Kitty, the redhead, asked.

I shook my head. "It's okay, I'll watch it later."

Kitty quickly nodded and then returned her attention back to the screen. As I walked out of the room, I noticed that Abby hadn't returned after turning off the lights. How weird. I wondered where she went.

When I made my way into the hallway, Niall looked at me apologetically. "Perrie, I need to ask you for a favor. Well, not me, but for Zayn."

I perked up at the mention of Zayn. "Sure, what does he need?"

"He needs you to go with him, to convince Sykes to back off. You know..." 

I averted my eyes, defeated. "So he wants to use me."

"No, no! It's just..."

I sighed. "It's okay, Niall. If it makes him happy, I'll do it."

"Okay. I'll come with you to help you pack." He offered, a small smile on his face.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I can do it." 

"Well, let me at least walk you to your room." 

I nodded, sighing and rubbing my forehead. All I wanted was to get close to Zayn. All I wanted was to be more than just a slave. Everything I do is to make him happy. He was the first and only man in my life, and I was stuck at slave status compared to him. And if it meant that Zayn would like me more if I slept with Sykes to get him off Zayn's back, I would do it.