Chapter 23-The New Greenie: part 2

Warning: Involves a lot of drama and heartbreak. Side effects reading may include sobbing, crying, sudden bursts of anger, depression and more. Read at your own risk

"Ah! Shuck!" I muttered under my breath and tucked my hand up to my chest. A drop of blood appeared on the skin of my thumb,  and rolled off my hand, splashing onto the grass below me. I mentally scolded myself for cutting my finger with the scissors I was using to trim the tomato plants. I rubbed the blood off onto my jeans, and shook my head. I had to stay focused. Ever since Tyler came up in the box yesterday, I can't keep my thoughts straight. I keep zoning out, and when I snap back into focus a minute or so later, I don't even remember what I had been thinking about. It had been driving me insane. I don't know what it was about Tyler, but he confused me, a lot. I sighed and kept working on gardening. I mean, what's the worst that could happen, right? The creators wouldn't send him up in the box if he remembered something, would they? Then again, they sent me. But I mean, I'm different, I'm here for a reason other than being a boy in the glade. Tyler doesn't seem too dangerous. Maybe he'll be fine, but then again, he creeps everyone out. Gosh, the way he looks around, but doesn't seem to notice anything...I just, I don't know. You'd think he would want to look around, figure out the situation he's in, but he doesn't. He just....stares at everyone. He seems to notice everything...but also not. I don't really know how to describe it. He seems to notice every detail, but it's like his brain doesn't actually process what's happening. At the same time though, it's like he's running through every situation in his head. Like he's analyzing every outcome and determining which one would be the best, or...something. I don't know. the familiar sound of the kitchen bell ringing snapped me out of my thoughts. I set down the scissors I was using and paused.

"Wait, what was I thinking about again?" I mumbled. Darn It! I forgot...again. What the heck? This isn't normal for me, I have a really good memory, what's wrong with me today? I don't even...how could I forget? Shuck. I shook my head and walked off with the rest of the gardeners to dinner.

I plopped down into the seat next to Newt, and he smiled at me, stopping to give me a quick kiss before we went back to eating his food. I turned to Minho who was sitting across from us. He smiled at me and chugged his glass of water, before eating about half of his salad in one bite. I smiled at him and looked at Gally, who was sitting next to Minho He was wolfing down his food as well, but he washed it down with the drink from the bonfire instead of water. I knew from my running experience that runners aren't supposed to drink too much, but i don't know how Gally got some of the drink. That's usually reserved for the bonfires. He took a swig of the drink and set it back on the table. He nodded at me.

"So, how was gardening, Em?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and took a bite of my dinner.

"Oh, ya know. It was fine. But since when do you call me Em?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Gally shrugged and pointed a thumb at Minho.

"Since this shank told me to." He held his hands up in the air to say he was innocent. I turned my gaze to Minho and cocked my head to the side. He didn't say anything, just stuffed more food into his mouth, averting my gaze. I rolled my eyes and Newt laughed a bit. I looked around the kitchen. Same setting as always, boys eating food so fast, it was like they thought it was their last meal. I smiled a bit, and looked around some more. Josh was laughing with his builder friends, Alby was talking to the slicers, and Caleb was...wait. I felt my smile drop. Caleb was whispering to someone that had curly black hair. Someone that had ivy green eyes that were staring right at me. I felt a shiver run down my spin and watched as Tyler leaned over to whisper something in Caleb's ear. I felt someone grab my hand.

"You okay, love?" Newt asked. I nodded but didn't take my eyes off of Tyler. Newt squeezed my hand a bit and I turned to look at him.

"Is it the greenie again?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. I nodded and Minho turned around, glaring at Tyler.