Spaghetti

Negan pulled away from me and left me alone in the bathroom. I turned and faced the mirror taking in my own reflection staring back at me, but I could only see myself holding the knife to Negan's neck. My hands gripped onto the side of the sink while I tried to steady myself. I opened the mirror and found the knife still sitting on the shelf. With a shaky hand, I grabbed the knife and shoved it down my sock and into my shoe praying that it wouldn't fall out. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it just yet but it was better to have some form of a weapon than nothing. 

"Lucille come help me cut these veggies!" I jumped at the sound of Negan's voice calling for me. I took a final glance in the mirror when I closed it. I followed the sound of boiling water till I found negan standing in the kitchen wearing and white apron over his clothes. He held out a blue half apron to me. "Don't want any stains on your clothes, now do we?" I took the apron from his hands and tied it around my waist and stood at the cutting board. I started with the tomatoes and started to cut them while Negan was working on the sauce some more behind me. I looked at Carl who was making dinner rolls as he ignored me. I finished quickly with the veggies and handed the cutting board to Negan who put them in a pot and stirred it around. "How about you go make the table." Negan said without looking at me. 

"Sure," I said. I turned and walked toward the table and opened the china cabinet and started to pull out the dining mats. 

"Damn, that smells good." I heard Negan say in the kitchen. I looked up just in time see him taste it. He grunted and smiled while he turned to Carl. "Wanna a taste?" Carl just stared at him. Negan turned and laughed and ate what was left on the spoon. "You want a taste?" He called over to me and I walked back into the kitchen while he spooned out some more. He held his hand under the spoon while he brought it closer to my lips. He fed me a little of it and it was one of the best things I've tasted in a while. I covered my mouth while I let the taste swirl around my mouth. I smiled and nodded my head at him.

"Damn, that is pretty good." Negan smiled and started to stir the sauce again. The front door opened and Olivia came inside holding the lemonade she went to get so long ago. 

"About damn time you came back." She tried to hide her face by looking down to the grown not wanting to look at me or Negan. "I thought my little comment may have sent you running." She walked briskly into the kitchen and grabbed a pitcher. 

"S-sorry, I couldn't find any so I went to find some and-" She started to scoop out the lemonade mix.

"Alright, alright, just make the lemonade it's almost dinner time." Negan shook his head and smile. I went back to the table and listen to Carl put the rolls in the oven. Negan walked over and sat down at the head of the table and watched me make the table. I made enough plates for the four of us. Negan clicked his tongue and I looked at him. "We're going to need another sitting." I looked at him in confusion for a split second before I realized he was talking about Rick. I only nodded and started to set the last place setting. Holding Judith, Olivia came in and had the lemonade in hand. She started to put the lemonade on the table but Negan held up his glass and gave her a smile. She started to pour the lemonade while shaking till it was full. She left the rest of the pitcher on the table and sat down with Judith in her hands sleeping. 

After I set the food out on the table and sat down at the foot of the table across from Negan and beside Oliva and the highchair we waited for Rick's return. We sat in a long silence that must have lasted twenty minutes or so. 

"I'm not waiting for your dad anymore." Negan said breaking the silence making everyone turn to him. "I don't know where the hell he is, but my Lucilles are hungry." He said pulling his bat up and smirking at me while he sat down the bat on the chair next to him. He pulled the napkin of the table and tucked it in his shirt before turning to Carl. "Carl, pass the rolls," Carl just glared at him till Negan looked at him and sarcastically added, "please." Carl continued to stare at Negan making him laugh until he finally passed the rolls. "Thank you." He said exaggeratedly before looking up to me. "Roll, my dearest darling?" He said holding out the rolls to me.