Bullseye

With Olivia's exit, Negan turned and smiled at me.

"You okay, Baby cheeks?" He walked towards me and put one hand on my cheek while I just stared up at him. "You don't look too great."

"I'm fine Negan," I muttered under the touch of his bare hand. He only smiled and turned toward Carl.

"All right, Kid! Take me on the grand tour." Carl didn't say anything just turned and started walking. I followed behind Negan as we walked through the house. "Where's Rick's room?" Carl didn't say anything just opened one of the doors. When we walked into the door frame it was a large room but was missing the bed that once occupied the space under the wood headboard on the wall, instead was blankets and pillows lying on the ground. "See y'all are doing just fine without those beds." I turned to Negan and he winked at me. He took their mattresses. I looked away to Carl who kept his head down. I heard the sound of a zipper making my eyes turn back to Negan. He slipped off one shoe and then another. "Damn, this is some nice carpet." He twirled his bare toes on the carpet and looked around with a smile. "Come on Lucille. Try it." He stared at me until I bent down to untie my boots. I slid off my shoes and then my socks and stood next to him. "Damn nice, huh? We need some of this." He laughed and I turned to look at Carl who only watched from behind.

Negan slid back on his shoes and I walked over to mine. I sat on the floor and put my socks on and then the boots while Negan patiently waited for me. I felt the pressure of his eyes on me making it hard to tie my shoes the right way. I gave up and just tucked them in on the side. Negan held out his hand taking me by surprise. I took it and he pulled me up with a slight tug.

"On to the next show." He said to Carl and waved his bat. Negan kept my hand in his while we walked out of the room. Carl started up the stairs but Negan didn't follow him. "Let me just try something." Negan walked over to the sink while Carl came back down the stairs and stood next to me as Negan leaned in and turned the faucet. He smiled as the water started to pour. "Damn and running water?" He turned it off and walked back over to Carl. "After you," He waved his bat back to the stairs. Carl just turned on his heel and headed the way he was going in the first place. Carl opened the door to his room where there was still no mattress just a blanket on the ground. I heard a door close and saw Negan grabbing a few darts of the dartboard on Carl's closet. "How about a game?" He said arching his eyebrows at me. "You win, you can stay here with your friends and bake cakes and all that fun shit." My heart began to speed up at the thought of staying here and away from the sanctuary. "If I win, you have to stay with me forever, deal?" He held out half the darts and I felt the need to take them. I only debated for a few seconds before I shook my head no. I wasn't going to play his stupid game. He clicked his tongue and winked at me. He quickly turned back to the dartboard and threw one. I looked over and saw that it was a bullseye. He closed his fist in victory and smiled over to me and Carl. "Smart girl." He said with a wink. He walked over and stabbed the rest of the darts into the board. Carl lead the way out of the room and headed toward the stairs. "How about this one?" Negan said pointing his bat to a door we haven't even gone towards.

"Oh, I-it's just a water heater-" Carl said fumbling over his words. Negan raised his eyebrows and gave him a quizzical look walking toward the door.

"Are you serious, kid? Come on." He turned the door handle and stopped the door with his hand before hitting the wall. My eyes settled on Judith in the crib I wanted to run and hug her but Carl and Negan were in my way. My heart skipped a beat seeing Negan's smile break out. "Oh, my." He said before handing his bat to Carl. Carl nervously watched Negan walk closer to Judith. "Look at this little angel." He said before grabbing Judith and slowly bringing her up to him so he could hold her. He laughed softly while bouncing her. "What's her name?" He said softly smiling down at her.

"Ju-Judith." Carl said softly keeping his eyes on them at all times. I was nervous about Negan holding Judith but I honestly didn't feel like he was a threat to her. I stood close to Negan and looked at Judith brushing her bangs out of her hair. She smiled at me like she remembered who I was which made me feel warm inside. I kissed her forehead and I looked at Negan who was smiling down at me and Judith. I couldn't help but smile as I looked at Judith, she had gotten so big while I was gone it broke my heart a little. I remembered all the time I babysat for Rick while he went out. Olivia seemed to have taken over my job of babysitting in my absences. I smiled at Judith and held her small little hand in my own. Negan didn't say anything but continued to watch us.