Pink

"You look like a character out of a shitty scary movie. Let's get you cleaned up." I didn't move away from him scared that given the chance my eyes would stare at Scott's body once again. He picked me up like he once did carrying me like a child. I kept my face hidden in his jacket as the slight rocking of him walking moved me. He took me outside and I felt the warm sun on my skin making me feel a little better. I heard shuffling of other people around us but nobody asked or said anything to us.

"Luci!" I heard Daryl's voice call out. I tried to hide even more into Negan's Jacket. "What the fuck did you do to her?" I could hear the anger in his voice. I wanted to see him and run to him but I know the full sight of what I looked like and what almost happened would hurt him more than it would comfort me. So I held on just a little bit tighter to Negan's jacket his zippers now digging into my skin.

"I saved her. Now back to fucking work as I take care of this." I could feel Negan's voice as it vibrated his chest. I didn't need to see Daryl's face because I knew it was staring down at Negan and me. Negan continued to walk away and without asking someone held the door open for us as the sun warmth was gone. We kept walking down halls with the slight scuffle of his shoes on the floor but he suddenly stopped and I looked around and realized we were back in his room. He sat me down on the edge of the bed gently and I wrapped my arms around my bare body. 

"I'll be right back." He looked at me and nodded. I watched as he walked through another doorway. I looked around and saw that nothing had really changed since I was last here. I stared down at my trembling red hands and then to my bloody stomach. I tried to wipe it off with my hands but it only smeared around but I tried and tried with tears streaming down my face. I let out a sob at the fact I couldn't get it off me. Negan reappeared and grabbed my hands and pulled me up. He didn't say anything as he moved me toward the doorway he had just come from. It was a bathroom with a tub full of water. He grabbed a towel that was hanging on the wall and began to wipe the blood from my stomach and hands. He brought the towel to my face and I closed my eyes as the towel pulled lightly at my skin. He sighed and threw the towel into a corner. "I'll leave you to it." He said before nodding and walking out closing the door behind him.

I stood there watching the steam rise from the hot water in the bathtub unmoving from my spot of observance. It was like I was watching myself taking off my boots, and then my pants, and then my underwear. I stood there and watched myself getting into the hot water and bringing my face underwater, even though I could feel the water burning my skin. When I closed my eyes, I saw Scott's deformed face in the darkness of my thoughts. When I opened my eyes, I was no longer standing there I was in the water. The water that was once so clear was now pink from the blood that was left on my skin. I brought my knees to my chest and stared out to the faucet as the slight drops echoed through the bathroom. My thoughts were blank as I stared and the hot water faded from my senses. I wasn't even sure if I was breathing anymore. I heard a knock at the door bringing me back from my own void. I didn't answer, I didn't want to talk. Negan came in anyways, I looked at him as he kept his eyes to the ground. He had changed his shirt to a plain gray t-shirt and for the first time, I saw him without his leather jacket. It felt odd to me to see him without it, he looked almost like a completely different person. I didn't move as he walked to the sink beside the tub and sat down a towel and fresh clothes. He didn't look at me even though I was naked in his presence.

"You've been in here for about an hour and a half. Not rushing you but if stay in here any longer you might need to change the water." I looked down at the water realizing how cold it had gotten.

"I think I'm done," I said my throat was raspy and it burned to talk. He nodded and turned to walk out. I grabbed his hand as he walked past he kept his eyes forward. "Why are you being so nice?" No emotion passed in his expression.

"Rape is the vilest thing a person can do to another person. If we start to accept rape, there's no way we can come back to civilization." He said. I nodded and let go of his hand letting him continue out of the room. I looked down at my legs as my arms laid on them. My blue and purple skin showed where Scott's body was once on me leaving a reminder every time I looked at myself.

I slowly brought myself out of the tub but winced when I put my weight on my sore legs. I stepped out and started to dry off. I grabbed the jeans and slowly brought them up my bruised legs and then I put the black sweater over my head grabbing the end of the sleeves with my hands to cover the bruising around my wrist. I turned and faced the tub full of pink water. I clicked the drain open and watched as the pink water swirled down the drain. Once it was completely gone I walked to the door and hesitantly opened the door. But Negan wasn't there instead there was a note on the bed.

Had to take care of something. There's food on the counter, you need to eat. After that, you should rest on my bed. - Negan

I looked at the counter where there was a plate of fruit and what looked like oatmeal. My stomach churned at the sight of food. The only thing I wanted to take his offer on was the use of his bed. My body was exhausted and I didn't think my legs could make it back to my room. I walked to the side of his bed and fell into it. I felt the heat of his blankets warm me. The smell of pine and books filled my nose as buried my face in his pillows. Before I knew it, I was out cold.