Blood

"No!" Maggie screamed out at the sight of her husband. I looked back at Glenn I couldn't stand to see him. His blood dripped down his face but his eye- His eye was bulging out of his skull. I could no longer keep in the vomit that I had been able to stop before from coming. I turned away and threw up behind me. I stayed there facing the other way not wanting to see him like this. I could only listen to his groaning and the crying of everyone else.

"Buddy, you still there? I just don't know it seems like you're trying to speak, but you just took a hell of a hit. I just popped your skull so hard, your eyeball just popped out, and it is gross as shit!" The image of his face burned on the back of my eyelids making it hard to breathe. 

"Maggie, I'll find you." I managed to understand from Glenn. I squeezed my eyes harder and shifted back toward the group trying to keep what little sanity I had left in me. But it was hard to do with the sound of Glenn blubbering and gasping.

"Aw hell, I can see that this has been hard on you guys. I am sorry." I wanted to scream at him but I couldn't even bring myself to open my eyes. "I truly am. But I did say it. No exceptions!" Then suddenly I heard the bang of that bat against Glenn's head repeatedly and the sobs of Maggie. I couldn't hear much after I started to sob myself. "You bunch of pussies. I'm just getting started." I collapsed my head onto Eugene's shoulder as Carl held on to my hand. The thunderous blows continued and I could open my eyes to take in the scene of it. "Lucille is thirsty. She is a vampire bat." I could hear the mix of cries and his steps walking closer and stopping. "What? Was the joke that bad?" I finally peeled my eyes open. Just in time to see Rick look a Negan.

"I'm gonna kill you," Rick whispered. Negan smiled and looked at us before kneeling and staring at Rick. I lifted my head of you Eugene to try to see clearer.

"What?" Negan half-whispered to Rick. "I didn't quite catch that. You're gonna have to speak up." Rick stared at him for a moment and looked down and gathered his sanity. 

"Not today... Not tomorrow... but I'm gonna kill you." He said assuring Negan while he peered at him. Negan holds his stare and sucks on his teeth with a click.

"Jesus." He chuckles. "Simon, what he have, a knife?" He asked the guy I had mistaken as the leader.

"Uh, he had a hatchet," Simon says in response. Negan's face turned to amusement.

"A hatchet?" He said like the thought was hilarious to him.

"He had an ax." He responded yet again. Negan snickered to himself.

"Simon is my right-hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work. You have one of them? Maybe one of these fine people still breathing?" Rick looked away from him giving him the answer unknowingly. "Oh. Or did I?" He clicks his tongue and makes a slight motion with the bat. I looked at Rick who was shaking but I could feel it was with anger. Negan lets out a sigh but continues to stare at Rick. "Yeah. Sure. Give me his ax." I watched as Simon walked to give him the ax. I wanted nothing more than to drive that ax into Negan's skull. But I painfully watch as Rick and Negan stare at one another neither looking away. Thoughts kept running through my mind of what he could do with that ax. Negan stood up and placed the hatchet into his belt Negan inhaled deeply before grabbing Rick by the collar and dragging him toward the RV.

"I'll be right back. Maybe Rick will be with me. And if not, well, we can just turn these people inside out, won't we? I mean," He pauses at the door and now it is I who is holding Carl down by holding his hand. Negan turns back and looks at me. My face stares coldly back drained with emotion. "the ones that are left." He says before throwing Rick inside and slamming the door behind him. We sat waiting and watching the RV. Sounds of bang came from the RV and I winced at every sound. The sound of the engine trying to turn over echoed through the trees. Then there was a pause and I looked at Daryl who was still focused on the RV waiting to hear if there were any signs of life. Muffled yelling and slamming brought my attention back to the door. I wanted nothing more than to Rick walk right back out that door and kill every one of these bastards. But that hope quickly faded with the sound of the engine turning over. They drove off leaving us sitting in the same spots.