Lessons

"You got one of our guns." He said while bending down in front of Carl. Just the thought of him so near me made my blood boil. "Woah. Yeah. You got a lot of our guns. Shit, kid, lighten up. At least cry a little." He chuckles and looks at me. "You too." He says with a smile. But I could only coldly stare back at him. He nods and looks back toward Rick and the other before standing up and shoving the gun he got from Carl down the front of his pants. I wished for nothing more than a slight trigger so he could blow himself.

"Jesus." He said stopping in front of Maggie. "You look shitty." I watched Glenn stare at them scared for his family life. "I should just put you out of your misery right now." He said casually like he was talking about the weather. Suddenly Glenn fumbled to his feet screaming.

"No! No!" Only to be slammed to the grown by Dwight.

"Stop it!" Maggie cried out at the sight of Glenn pinned to the ground with an crossbow to his head.

"Nope." Negan said looking away from them. "Nope. Get him back in line." Glenn continued to protest. I looked at Maggie as she cried while holding her stomach. Negan only chuckled. "All right listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down no exceptions. First one free." He points to Glenn. "It's an emotional moment, I get it." He gives Glenn a nod. He looked back at Rick who I believe had finally gotten past the shock." Sucks don't it. The moment you realize you don't know shit." Negan looked over at Carl and me. But his eyes locked onto Carl and then glanced between him and Rick. He smiled and pointed the bat at Carl. Every fiber of my being was ready to jump in front of Carl if he came any near with that bat. "This is your kid, right? This is definitely your kid." He said through laughing.

"Just stop this!" It was the first thing Rick had said since the start of this.

"Hey!" Negan said facing Rick yet again. "Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me." I look to Carl he won't be. He will be fine. Nothing like Negan, the real serial killer. "I gotta pick somebody. Everyone is at the table waiting for me to order." I watched him, trying to tell him to pick me. I'm not afraid of death anymore. I'm afraid of my family getting hurt. He starts to whistle as he makes his way down the line. Drawing out the torture of waiting.

I could feel his energy as he paced back and forth. The sound of the gravel under his feet made my stomach churn with what little food I had in my stomach. I couldn't bring myself to look at the others as he analyzed us in hopes to spot some weakness. I let my face hit the light in hopes of it helping him to choose me. I only gave myself a few seconds to look at Daryl and I know he was doing the same to me. I couldn't tell how bad I was shaking or if it was the vibrations of Eugene shaking. So many sensations were overflowing within me.

"I simply cannot decide." Negan said while standing in the middle of our half circle looking around. Rick looked at me but he wasn't looking at me. It was another man I've never seen before. He had this stare about him that seemed like he was petrified more than anyone of us. I think that's when I realized we underestimated who these people were. I watched as Rick looked to the other side where Maggie, Daryl, and Glenn sat. I felt a fire boil inside me that gave me a confidence that I never knew I had.

"Choose me!" I said suddenly. I was on my feet without knowing it and my breathing was calm and steady. I had made up my mind, It had to be me. I could feel all the eyes on me while I stood there. Negan let out a chuckle and started to slowly walk closer to me.

"Luci" I heard Carl say. Negan gave a slight pause and his eyes flickered down at Carl and then back to me at the sound of my name. I wave my hand down at Carl. I knew I had to do this for them. I kept my eyes on Negan as he did on me.

"And what makes you so damn special?" He said when he finally got to me. He was taller than me by almost a foot but I didn't look away.

"Nothing," I said shakily. I stared into the eyes of my death and I wanted to show no fear.

"Then why should the hell should I choose you?" I broke my eye contact to look at everyone quickly but I could feel Negan's eyes studying my face. I held my glance on Daryl as he looked at me shaking his head at me. I couldn't keep my eyes on him any longer or I would lose my nerve and collapse.

"I'm useless to you," I said looking back at his dark eyes that had a hint of wonder to them. "Every one of them has a skill that you can use. That's what you wanted, right? For us to work for you?" I could feel the fear creeping back up my spine.

"Oh come on baby cheeks," Negan said smiling down at me. I felt myself shiver at him calling me baby cheeks. "You gotta have some use, I can think of one or two." He said giving me a wink and a quick lookup in down. I felt my stomach lurch at the sight of him looking at me.

"I'm nothing more than a pianist without a piano. I'm nothing in this world with nothing to offer you." His smile faded when I said this for a split second but came back with nothing but a wider, bigger one. He clicked his tongue and shifted and looked at everyone else before turning back to me.

"If you say so." He grabbed his bat and swung it at my head. I clenched my eyes together ready for pain. But it never came. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Negan with the bat next to my head grazing my hair. My legs felt uneasy as I looked upon his face. "You thought it would be that simple?" He said taking the bat away from my face. My mouth ran dry as he came closer and closer till he was just millimeters away. The smell of his sweat and mint filled my nose up to where I could smell nothing else. "Sit your ass back down and don't you dare try something like that again. I'm running this show, and I'll be choosing who's skull I want to bash in." He said softly almost like it was just for me to hear. "But thank you for the consideration." He pushed me back onto the ground with his hand roughly. I sat and tried to breathe as I watch him swing the bat toward the rest of the group. "Damn! She has more balls than the rest of you bitches." He said jokingly towards them. He paced and looked at them as he walked analyzing.

"I got an idea." Negan said and I looked up at him. He had a sick smile on his face that made my blood turn cold. Negan's eyes grazed mine and in them, I could tell how much enjoyment he was getting putting us through this. He turned and walked to Rick with his bat pointing at him. My heart skipped a beat when he stopped right in the face. "Enie." He paused and looked down the row only to give Rick another smirk of satisfaction. My eyes were glued to his bat as he made his way down the line. I could see Rick look at Carl. My heart caught in my chest as he went down the row landing on Daryl on 'catch a tiger'. He made his way closer to me. I sat straighter try to plead with my eyes to choose me anyways.

"My mother," He said with the bat in my face. He paused slightly when I looked directly at him. I wasn't sure what he would do. But he continued in a more random motion this time. Finally, it came down to his last word. He stopped before he got to the word 'it'. I held my breath but he didn't even look in my direction he just looked to his side and smiled. He shifted.

"It." He said smiling down at Abraham. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Abraham just looked at him in the eyes ready to show nothing for him to get satisfaction from.