Secrets

I laid back down on the bed and pulled him down with me. He fell against my chest and we moved against each other carelessly feeling every part that we could. I left my hand on his chest loving the feeling of his heartbeat against my palm. I kept my hurt wrist up and over his neck out of the mix. He tasted just like smelled, pine and smoke. I couldn't help but smile against his kisses. A knock at the door made us pull apart making me upset that the doctor didn't take longer. Negan winked at me and walked to the door and opened it. The doctor came in with the crutches that he found.

"They were in the back of the closet." He said walking over to me. I tried not to look at Negan as I got to my feet. The pain was tolerable with the crutches supporting some of my weight. I wobbled around a little bit trying to get the hang of it. "If it's alright with Negan I went ahead and brought some painkillers to help with the pain of moving." He looked at Negan and he only nodded yes in return. I grabbed my water glass and took the pills in one swallow. "Well, that's about it for me today. Don't go too crazy on the crutches. Your wrist is still hurt so too much strain on them can make it worse." He said with a smile.

"I'll try not to fight anyone today, but no promises," I smirked and flicked my eyes at Negan.

"Okay, well, have a nice day." He went out the door leaving us alone again. I looked at Negan sitting on the bed.

"Looks like I didn't need you today!" I said.

"Watching you on those fucking things is immensely more entertaining than going to the Hilltop." He said jokingly. I smiled and slowly made my way to sit on the bed. Negan looked off and then at the clock on the wall. "I got something I got to go do." He said getting up as soon as I sat down.

"Oh, okay. Well, I did say I didn't need you." I said with a smile. He nodded and walked over to his jacket. In one full motion, he slid it on and I could almost see him become the Negan that I feared. I couldn't understand how something could change a person in a second.

"I'll get someone to bring you something to eat. I'm fucking starving myself." He said with that fake smile. I nodded and kept my eyes down. "See ya, sweet cheeks." With that he left again with the same distance he woke up with. I sighed and laid back down on the bed with my legs dangling off the side. The medicine was already working against the pain and felt like I could maybe make it back to my room. I got up and rest myself against the crutches and hobbled my way to the door. I was barefoot but I couldn't care less. I probably looked more than a mess than I realized with my messy hair, lack of sleep, and guy shorts.

I almost got lost on my way back. As I walked past Daryl's hallway I moved quickly feeling the guilt creep up my spine yet again. I sighed and moved a little faster toward my door. I opened it and it was the same as it was before. I sighed a little relief and made my way toward the bed and found the picture still there. I looked at the picture again. She was so happy in this picture, I wonder how long it lasted. I could tell that she was younger in the photo and the real world had yet to tear her. I held the picture as I hobbled back into the hallway.

I stopped at the beginning of Daryl's hallway not resisting looking at the door. I felt my heart quicken as I neared the door. I let out a small breath and unlocked the door. Daryl laid on the ground but he jumped up when he saw me. He swallowed me in a hug that brought back that warmth and safety I felt when I thought of him.

"Luci!" He said in an elated whisper. "What happened? What did that son of a bitch do to you?" I felt a ping in my heart hearing the hate in his voice.

"I'm fine. It wasn't Negan, it was Scott. He-" I felt the sting of tears in my eyes telling Daryl. "He attacked me." Daryl held me tighter.

"But the blood? Wha-"

"Negan hit him with his bat while he was on top of-" I could no longer hold back the tears. I knew that I must have worried Daryl so much since he saw me. "I'm so sorry!" I sobbed out and he held me closer and smoothed my hair with his hands.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." If only you knew how much I did. I didn't deserve his affection anymore. I pulled away and saw his surprise that I did so. I wiped the tears with the back of my good hand.

"How are you getting around on those with a hurt wrist?" He sincerely asked.

"The doctor gave me some hardcore drugs," I said.

"Has Negan tried anything on you?" He said sternly. My heart skipped a beat.

"No." I lied to him. I couldn't tell him like this. I didn't even know what to tell him. He nodded and looked down at my legs.

"This wouldn't have happened if I just ran with you." He mumbled.

"Daryl, no it would have happened eventually. You were right we both could be dead right now." I said putting my hand around his neck. I brought his head closer to mine to where our foreheads were touching. He didn't say anything as I closed my eyes and felt him near me again. "I better go before someone realizes I'm here," I said pulling away. Daryl grabbed me and pulled me in. His lips met mine and I melted into the soft and gentle kiss he was giving me. But Negan's hard and lustful kiss filled my mind and I pulled away. "I'll try to come back soon." He nodded and stepped back while I closed the door on him again.