Taken

"Dad, just do it." I barely heard Carl whisper. Rick looked at him and back to the ax letting out another cry. Holding Carl's hand Rick picked up the ax and held it above him. I felt the need to throw up coming back.

"Rick." Negan said softly bending down again. Rick stared at him through his tears. "You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Right?" His words echoed in my ears as Rick vigorously shook his head yes. Negan broke him like you would break a wild horse. Negan grabbed his face. "Speak when you're spoken to!" Negan yelled in his face making me jump slightly. He continued loudly, "You answer to me. You provide for me."

"Provide for you." Rick answered him shaking.

"You belong to me, right?" Negan continued yelling at him.

"Right." Rick said softly.

"Right." Negan said again while letting go of Rick's face. "That- "He said point to Rick's face. "that is the look I wanted to see." He said before getting up and picking up the axe. I very slowly let my breath out suddenly becoming completely exhausted in every sense. "We did it, all of us, together" Negan continued looking to the rest of us. "even the dead guys on the ground. Hell they get the spirit award, for sure. Today was a productive damn day!" He said mightily looking over at me and letting out a sigh. "Now, I hope, for all your sake that you get it now. That you understand how things work" He paused and looked down at us with a smile. "Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you that is over now." He laughed at us. He paused yet again. "Dwight, load him up." He said pointing his bat at Daryl. My pulse quickened watching Dwight grab Daryl and load him in the van. When I looked back at Negan he was staring at me. "Scott!"

"Yes, sir!" the voice came from the man standing behind me. I quickly looked back to him and then back to Negan.

"Get her in there too." My eyes went wide. I went to grab anything but there was only dirt. I could feel myself protesting even though he was overpowering me. He was pulling me harshly by arm. When we got to the van he threw me in there making me fall against Daryl. He gave me a smirk before closing the door leaving us in the dark. I crawled back to the door trying to see what was going on. Daryl was next to me doing the same. I could see Negan down next to Rick.
"They got guts, not a little bitch like someone I know." I looked at Daryl who was too focused. "I like him. He's mine. She's mine too." His eyes flickered to the van. "But you still wanna try something? 'Not today, not tomorrow'" He says mocking Rick's earlier statement. "' Not today, Not tomorrow'? I will cut pieces off of..." He looks confused and looked up to Simon. "Hell, his name?" Simon looks at the van and I could see the wheels turning in thought.

"Daryl." He said back.

"Wow." Negan said amused. I heard Daryl tsk at Negan's reaction. "That actually sounds right. I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your doorstep, or, better yet, I will bring him to you and have you do it for me. And as for the girl," I stopped breathing in fear of hearing my fate. "Your group is never gonna see her again." My stomach flipped. I looked at Daryl who was staring at me back. I felt his hand grab mine. But his touch didn't make me feel any better. Negan stood up and belted, "Welcome to a brand-new beginning, you sorry shits! I'm gonna leave a truck. Keep it. Use it to cart all the crap you're gonna find me. We'll be back for our first offering in one week. Until then, ta-ta." Negan said walking out of my view. I heard a clink of something hitting the ground. I could hear the men start to disperse and get into their tucks. I peered through the holes at the group who didn't even hardly move. I heard the door to the front of the van open and close. With the sound of the engine turning over I looked at Daryl who was still holding my hand under the blanket that he must have wrapped around me. I looked to the front seat and saw Dwight driving us to their safe zone. Daryl shook my hand lightly and I looked at him. He looked at Dwight and then slowly mouthed the words 'They can't know' to me and I knew what he meant.

They couldn't know about us. I felt dread come over me because I knew he was right. If anyone found about us they would use it against us in some form or another. I nodded at him and I just stared at him in a way I hadn't had recently. His face was dirty and he needed a good bath. I knew that I couldn't have looked much better with how much I cried and threw up. I wanted to collapse into his touch and hold him to me, to feel his heartbeat against my chest knowing that we had both lived. But I knew I couldn't with Dwight sitting in the driver's seat. I didn't know when might be the next time I could hold him or even be with him in this new world that has started. I blocked my face with my hair and looked into his blue eyes that were such a contrast in comparison to his dirty and rugged look.

'I love you.' I mouthed to him. I knew it for a while but never truly said it and neither had he. But this might have been the last chance I could ever tell him how I truly felt before anything would happen to us. I could see the love in his eyes when he looked at me. But before he could respond the van had come to a stop that caught us both off guard. I felt his hand grab tighter to be while he watched Dwight get out of the Van. My heart sped up at the sound of footsteps on gravel. Daryl and I gave one last quick look at each other as we squeezed our hands. At the sound of the door opening, Daryl let go of my hand.

I had to shield my eyes from the sun as men were pulling me out of the van. Yelling and shouts were all muffled together as my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the morning. I felt hands grabbing my arms and pushing me down onto my knees. I looked at both men and didn't recognize them from before, but there were so many I couldn't be sure. The sun was suddenly blocked by something when I looked it was Negan stand over me smiling that damn smile. He sucked his teeth and looked at Daryl. I looked too and saw Dwight and the man that put me in the Van, Scott, holding him in the same manner as me.

"Dwight," Negan said before pointing his bat at Daryl. "Go put this prick in a cell. Make sure he has a good time on Easy Street for me." Dwight gave a nod before he and Scott started to drag a resisting Daryl. I could feel the panic running in my blood.

"No! No!" I yelled after Daryl. I could feel my chest tighten as I yelled after him. I looked up to see Negan smiling down at me. He squatted and leveled his face with mine. I stared back at him as he looked at my face then at my body like he was taking a second to look at every part of me. He sighed before coming back to my face.

"What to do with you?" He said in half-whisper. "What do you think pretty bird? Want to go to a cell too? Or shall I have a minute alone with you?" He gave me a wink and a smile. I felt a rage build up within.

"Fuck. You." I said flatly.

"Oh," He laughed at me. "anytime, darlin'" Before I could stop myself I broke my hand free and slapped him. Negan barely flinched as my hand went across his face. One of the men pulled the back of my hair and I let out a slight whimper. "You're gonna wish you didn't do that." Negan said seriously. I stood back up and looked at the men. "Take her to the chair." I felt the men grab me up as I struggled as much as I could. I knew I couldn't be able to break free but I would be damned if I wasn't going to put up a fight. Negan stood behind watching me as they dragged me with no sign of any emotions. He slightly shook his head before turning back to his men.