Counting

"Nobody move or I'll make sure you get your punishment," Simon said. Dawn was breaking and the light was peeking through the trees. I looked at Daryl and he was looking back at me. The men surrounding us start to chatter but none of us dare to speak a word. Daryl mouthed to me 'We will live.' I felt the stinging of tears in my eyes. I nodded my head in response only for him to nod back. I look to my right to Carl to see how he was doing he was staring off to where they drove off. I felt terrible for him not knowing what was happening or what was going to happen. Maggie was still crying and staring at Glenn's body and I wanted nothing more than to grab her and get her out of here.

Every part of my body tensed when I looked upon Glenn and Abraham's bodies. Flashes of memories flooded through my mind of Glenn. I couldn't help but think of the first time I had met Glenn and how it was the same time I met Rick and Daryl too. We were at Terminus; I was alone at that time and I tried to find the sanctuary that they advertised. I was always drifting between groups never being able to find sanity in anyone. The group that I was with before I started my search for Terminus started planning to poison everyone within the group. I fled that night not waiting around to see them go through with the plan. I walked for days with my only defense of running and climbing trees before I finally made it to the gates of Terminus. But my luck was better out with the walkers than with them. I was tied, gagged, and was thrown in between Daryl and Glenn when they began to slaughter us by banging our heads and slashing our throats. I didn't know it at the time but Carol saved us with the bomb. It was Glenn that convinced them to bring me along while they fled.

I could feel a tear slide down my face at the thought of what they had been through just to have it come to this. Glenn saved me and had my back for as long as I knew him. Now, here he was laying on the ground motionless. But I could no longer cry. My emotional faucet had been dried out. I licked my cracked lips and tried to listen to the conversation of the Saviors for some bits of a plan. I looked around but I could not make out a single word it was all muffled whispers. I scanned the crowd looking at the men. My eyes landed on one man who was leaning against the van that they pulled the others out earlier. And he was staring straight at me with a smile on his face. He looked not too much older than me maybe in his late 20's. What caught me was his piercing blue eyes looking at me. I held my gaze in confusion on why he was looking at me. He brushed his dark hair back and gave me a wink. I looked away as quickly as possible trying to focus on anything. I looked at Daryl who must have seen the exchange between us. I could see that he was doing his heavy breathing in anger while looking at the man. I glanced back at the man but he had no noticed of Daryl just kept his eyes trained on me. 

A sudden thought crossed my mind. What if that guy saw me and Daryl? Did he know that we were together? Swarms of panic questions started to pop up in my mind. But I suddenly could hear the slight hum of an engine coming from behind me. I whipped my head around just in time to see the RV come into view. My pulse quickened as I waited as it came to a full stop. Was Rick alive? Was he hurt? Did he kill Negan? A new swarm of questions echoed with my thoughts. The engine cut off and I could hear the muffle of the men dying down back to the quietness they were before. With a sudden bang of the RV door, I jumped and watched as Negan push Rick out of the RV before grabbing him by the neck of the jacket and dragging him to the middle. I took a long look at Rick to make sure he wasn't harmed. If anything, he looked shaken and sweaty.

"Here we are." Negan said standing above Rick. "Let me ask you something, Rick. Do you even know what that little trip was about?" Rick didn't answer and only looked around like he couldn't focus on what to do. "Speak when you're spoken too." Rick rocked slightly back and forth still looking around.

"Okay. Okay." Rick managed to hoarsely say. Negan looked down and gave him a slight smile.

"That trip was about the way that you look at me. I wanted to change that. I wanted you to understand. But you're still looking at me the same damn way like I shit in your scrambled eggs and that's not gonna work. So," Negan said squatting back down beside Rick. "do I give you another chance?" Negan held onto his bat with both hands while Rick started to breathe heavier.