Stillness

My dreams were haunted by Scott's bloody face as he pulled at my clothes again and again. It felt so real as his dirty hands filled my bra again. His mouth licking and biting at my neck. I could neither move nor scream as he carried on with my body. His head gushing out blood that was finding its way into my mouth and eyes making a red devilish tint to my vision. His hard breathing made my skin crawl. I could feel the tears pooling in my hair as he rocked against my body.

I could feel hands yanking me as I woke up to my own screams. It was Negan as he tried to wake me from my nightmare.

"Lucille!" He was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Wake up, you're screaming." In my dazed state, I looked around confused for a moment where I was. Negan's room came to focus as I felt his hands wipe my tears.

"I'm sorry," I said brushing away and wiped my own tears away. My wrist was suddenly burning with pain as I tried to move it. "I should probably go," I say removing the cover off me with my other hand. I tried to avoid Negan's gaze as he stood from the bed. I tried to stand but winced in pain at the weight of myself on my legs. I fell back on the bed involuntary as my legs buckled under the pressure. I fell back on my wrist and let out a cry of pain.

"Woah now!" Negan said trying to catch me. I pushed him away from me.

"I'm fine," I said sitting up.

"I'm pretty fucking sure you're not. Shit am I gonna have to get the doctor on this." I looked at him as he looked pissed off. 

"It's not my fucking fault your harboring psychos here!" I yelled at him. He sighed and looked at me.

"Don't you think I fucking understand what type of people I have around me? Hell, half the shit these guys would do is nothing compared to what I've done." He was raising his voice and I couldn't look at him as his face was turning red with anger. I could feel his eyes glaring at me. "I'm just going to go get the fucking doctor. I'll be back in a minute." I sighed and laid back down. There was no use in fighting him since I couldn't move from his room. I looked at my hurting wrist and the blues and purples, I couldn't help but notice the slight swelling too.

"Fuck me." I closed my eyes and waited as the sound of two sets of footsteps came closer. I sighed and opened my eyes and looked at the doctor. He was older and he was wearing the traditional white doctor's jacket. He stepped closer and seemed not sure what to say to me.

"Hi Lucille, I'm Carson." I only nodded at him. I could tell just by looking at him he only made it this long because he was a doctor. He was too skinny and couldn't do any damage to anyone. "I heard about what happened. "I looked past him at Negan who stood back with his arms crossed. "Negan said it was your legs, is that correct?" I nodded and held up my wrist.

"My wrist is hurting too." He wrapped his cold skinny hands around them and applied pressure. I let out a little grunt in pain he only nodded and looked down at my legs.

"I'm going to need you to take your pants off." I looked at him as if he was talking in another language. I couldn't stand the thought of letting a random person seeing me in my underwear like that. He seemed to understand my look as he backed away. "I'll wait outside and you can cover yourself with a sheet before I come back in." I felt a little relieved as he started to walk away. Negan stood still though and I stared him down as he gave me a smile.

"I have to miss the show too?" I squinted at him until he sighed. "Okay fine. Just remember that's my fucking bed you'll be in!" he exclaimed and I felt sick as I knew he was right. I slowly tried to take my pants off by hanging them over the edge of the bed. As I moved the pants down it burned and stung. More blues and purples covered my upper legs. I gasped in relief as the pants finally came off. I laid back and bed and try to yell.

"Okay!" My voice managed to yell out. The door opened and they both came back in. I could tell by the look in the doctor's eyes that it wasn't good. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Okay, tell me where it starts to hurt." I felt his hand start at the bottom of my leg, I wanted to throw up at the feel of his clammy hands on my bare legs. He traveled up my legs and it wasn't till he got just up above my knee that I felt any pain.

"There," I said grabbing the sheet in pain.

"Okay tell me on the scale of one to ten how this feels." He pressed down on the middle of my thigh and I let out a scream.

"Probably a Seven." The doctor sighed and stood up again.

"Well, you're tough. You just gave what a ten-level pain is a seven." I could hear Negan slightly chuckle in the background before clearing his throat.

"So, what the fuck is wrong with her?" Negan said stepping up to the bed.

"Well for one her wrist is sprained." I looked down at the swelled wrist. "And her legs just have extensive bruising which is causing her muscles to be really weak and sore." I let out a sigh of relief as he said it. I was just happy that I wasn't completely broken.

"So, what does she have to do?" Negan asked. The doctor shrugged.

"Well, she needs to keep the wrist wrapped and keep off her feet for a couple of days." My heart sunk.

"Looks like you're stuck with me sweet cheeks." I looked at the doctor but he avoided my gaze. He turned toward Negan.

"I'll go get something to wrap her wrist." The doctor then left the room leaving us alone again. I let out a frustrating yell.

"Calm that shit down." Negan said walking toward the sink. I glared at him with all my built-up frustration ready to burst. He grabbed a glass and filled it with water and brought it toward me. I held out my hand and he stopped and laughed. "You thought this was for you?" He brushed past my opened hand and reached toward his table. He lifted a straw off it and opened it before sticking it in the water. He took a long exaggerated sip before sighing. "That. Hits. The. Spot." I grumbled slightly and closed my eyes. I heard him shuffle around before there was a knock and the door opened again. I looked to my right and I saw a cup of water sitting there. Negan avoided my gaze as he watched the doctor bring out some wrap. How am I supposed to hate him he continued to surprise me?

"Now," Carson said turning to me. "lift your wrist up." I did as he said. My wrist was causing me to grunt in pain as he wrapped it. I squeezed on the sheets and blankets trying to keep myself from screaming. "Well, I'll check up on you in a couple of days. Hopefully, if you rest your legs you should be better by then, the wrist, on the other hand, should be a couple of weeks." I didn't say anything in return.

"Can I move her?" Negan asks. I was praying for a yes but the doctor shook his head.

"I wouldn't suggest it. The slightest movements can inflame the muscles again. But it's your call." Negan gave me a side glance. I would walk out here even if I had to drag my legs behind me.

"Alright, doc." Negan gave him a slap on his shoulder causing Carson to jump a little. Carson nodded and headed out of the room again. Finally, it was just Negan and me. "Wanna watch movies and gossip about which boys we find the cutest like little school girls?" He said looking around. "I did not sign up to fucking babysit your ass."

"Then don't," I said coolly. I was still very aware that I had no pants on and now I was alone with him. "Can you at least find me some fucking shorts?" Negan grunted.

"Ah fuck." He walked over to a dresser he had. He opened the bottom drawer and took out something. He threw it at me across the room. "Here." I took it and it was plain basketball shorts.

"Thank you," I muttered before sitting up. I struggled with sliding up my legs without moving that much. After much effort and pain, I finally did it and fell back onto the pillows with an exasperated sigh. This was it. This was going to be my view for the next 48 hours.