Locked

I took a moment trying to collect myself before going. I hold on to the picture in my good hand, glad that Daryl didn't see it, and made my way down the hallway looking for any sign of life. I came to a man who looked dim and lifeless as he swept the floor.

"Excuse me," He didn't look up at me. "do you know where Negan is?" He stopped sweeping at the sound of Negan's name as if it affected him more than I could know.

"He's down the next hall. At the red door." He said in a deep almost whisper.

"Thank you," I said as he continued to sweep. I hobbled along the hallway till I saw the red door and then suddenly became very anxious. What if he was in a meeting? Or doing something important? I didn't want to interrupt him. I lost my nerve and got ready to walk away when the door suddenly opened and a woman I had never seen before stood before me barely wearing anything other than a thin shirt. She was pretty, prettier than me by far with her honey skin and golden brown hair but I could tell the life was drained from her.

"Oh!" She cried out in surprise. "Jesus fuck don't scare me like that." She gave me a look and then walked down the hallway a little before going into another door. I looked back into the room and saw Negan putting on his white shirt. My blood ran cold as I looked at the messy bed with its blankets and sheets skewed. Then I looked into Negan's emotionless face as he stared coldly at me without saying a word. I felt a wave of burning anger fill within me the longer he stared at me. I threw the picture on the ground and it landed at his feet. He stared down at the picture without saying a word. I stood in silence trying to collect myself.

"I'm sure she would be very proud," I said icily as I made my way as quickly as I could down the hallway. I could hear the silence of him not following me. I didn't know why I was so mad. I knew who he was but it still made me sick to think of what he really was. I made my way to the door to the outside. I found myself faced with walkers stuck on spikes and restrained to something. I moved along the side of the building as far from the walkers as I could be. When I came to some stairs I sat and watched wondrously at the walkers as they moved with no purpose. Rick's words suddenly flashed inside my mind. "We are the walking dead." I don't think I really understood it back at that barn as I did now. Everyone was lifeless here. There was nothing joyful or happy in this place of cement floors and plain white walls.

Alexandria called to me more than ever. I laughed, felt peace, and was happy there. Nothing which I had experienced here. I slowly came to my feet tired of hiding like a little girl. I made my way back to the door and tried to open it but it was locked.

"Fuck me," I uttered under my breath. I slowly made my way back to the stairs and slowly tried to get myself up them. When I did I found another door and thankfully it was opened. I hobbled into the empty room and looked around. It was mostly empty with only a map on the table surrounded by chairs. I curiously glanced at the map and saw red, green, and white thumbnails in various spots around the area. I looked closer and saw that Alexandria had a red pin on it and so did the Hilltop. There were other locations that I never have seen before. I heard shuffling outside of the door and was suddenly paralyzed in fear of being caught in here. I quickly grabbed a hold of myself and walked went to the door back outside. As soon as the door shut the one inside opened and I watched silently as Dwight came in with a few other men and sat down. I tried to steady my heart as I opened the door back open. Everyone turned and looked at me.

"You shouldn't be in here?" Dwight yelled across the table. I tried to act surprised to see them sitting in there.

"I was outside and the other door was locked," I mumbled. "I didn't know you were in here."

"This room is off-limits. Just get out." I mentally flicked him off as I quickly made my way out of the room. But once to the door, Negan came charging in only to stop when he saw me.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" He said. I kept my eyes on the ground as he stood near me. I could see his bat as he held on to it his grip tightened its hold on it.

"I was locked outside and this was the only opened door," I said sternly without looking into his face. I felt him bending close to my ear.

"Guess you know better than to go playing outside." He whispered softly into my ear. My head snapped up to see his sick smile on his face. "Now go back and rest those sad legs of yours." He stepped to the side and I walked out and down the hallway to the loud bang of the door closing behind me.