CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: UNDERNEATH IT ALL

Start from the beginning

Whoa, could they be dating?! How come this possibility just donned to me right now?

If you think about it hard enough, it makes perfect sense to me...

All the times before that I noticed Louis touch Niall in a totally different non-heterosexual way.

'You're really lovely, underneath it all

You want to love me, underneath it all

I'm really lucky, underneath it all'

A song by 'No doubt' randomly played inside my head as the two of them raced towards the bench in slow motion.

What's up with the song selection in my brain?!

Do I really think that Louis and Niall are lovely lads even though they're gay?

What is wrong with me?!

"So, were you impressed?" Louis asked as he wiped his sweaty face with his own shirt, revealing his abs that I never noticed before as well as his 'Calvin Klein' boxers that was hanging from his hips down below... now that's hot.

Wait, what did I just say?

"Are you alright, Cher? Your face is all red like a tomato..." Niall commented.

"Uh, yeah. It's just the heat..." I fanned myself with my hands then focused on Niall as a distraction.

"Here, let me fix you." I got a hold of his face towel then used it to wipe his face like what mothers do to their young ones except this kid here has those really attractive sky-blue eyes that made me swallow my saliva for no apparent reason.

"Ahem..." Louis coughed beside us.

Whoops, I forgot about the fact that they might be having a secret affair that they're desperately keeping from the whole world.

I hope I wasn't crossing the line or anything... I certainly do not want to be caught in the middle of their lovely relationship by making Louis jealous.

"I, uh, he's all yours..." I handed the towel to Louis before stepping back nervously.

I never had gay friends before so...

"Yo! Don't you think it's a bit rude for you guys to be hanging out on your own without inviting us?" Zayn appeared out of the blue as he placed his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, I love a good soccer match too, you know?" Harry stepped up on my other side.

"We're bonding..." Louis smiled.

"So you guys wouldn't mind if we take Cher out for a joyride for the sake of bonding now, would you?" Zayn made eye contact with me.

Oh, but I mind.

"Where exactly are you taking her?" Louis inquired further with concern in his voice.

*NIALL'S POV*

"To Simon's house." Harry stated and there was no arguing with that alright.

"Can I come too?" I asked.

"No, Niall, you can't." Harry replied like a bully that he is.

"Well, I don't think that Cher wants to either." I spoke up for her.

"Don't bother to pick a fight, Nialler, there's no helping it if Simon's involved." Louis grabbed a hold of my hand as he pulled me back.

I then made a serious eye contact with Cher only to find her looking at me funny while she eyed my hand in Louis' grip.

I wonder why...

She looked like she didn't want to go with these two bad boys too.

"It's fine. Why don't you just continue to have fun with soccer?" She forced a smile.

Getting beaten by Louis all the time isn't THAT fun... I want to come with!

I bet she thinks of me as a puppy who always wants to tag along with her.

And we didn't even get to interview her up close and personal about Liam yet...

That's what Louis brilliantly came up with, to ask her questions regarding the matter right after our soccer match.

Zayn and Harry was about to take her away when Louis suddenly blurted out,

"Just out of curiosity, would you DO Liam if ever you had the chance? Just between us girls..."

I saw Zayn and Harry's eyes widen at such a blunt question.

"Nope." Cher calmly replies like it's no big deal.

How is Louis doing that?

What's his secret in not making Cher mad with his upsetting and rude way of asking?!