Slut (PG-13)

"What?"

Scott looked down his body at Mitch, confused. His stomach immediately dropped when he saw the look on Mitch's face, the shock in his dark brown eyes visible even in the dim light from behind the closed blinds. When Scott didn't respond Mitch slowly sat up, leaving Scott's fully hard cock pressed flush against his lower stomach, the head of it still wet from Mitch's mouth.

"Excuse me? Scott, what did you just call me?"

"I..."

He bit the inside of his bottom lip as he looked up at Mitch, the hurt too obvious in the brunettes face. Mitch was frowning down at him and wrinkles filled the normally smooth space between his dark eyebrows. Scott was alarmed. He hadn't expected this, and he felt nervous and jittery seeing the look on Mitch's face. He swallowed hard. Oh, Mitch was not fucking around. Mitch was not happy with him. Oh fuck. Oh, fuck. Scott didn't want to repeat what he'd said if it had gotten this kind of a reaction the first time, but Mitch was practically fuming as he waited for an answer. Scott hadn't meant it in a bad way. Scott would never seriously call him that, he'd thought it was just normal dirty talk. Scott bit his lip a little harder, noticing the wetness in his own eyes as he grew more and more panicked. "I...um...I called...I c-called you m-my l-l-little s-"

"Red." Mitch cut him off and clenched his jaw, shaking his head. He climbed out from between Scott's legs, sitting next to him on the bed without explanation. He picked a shirt up off the floor, Scott's, and pulled it over his head, mumbling through his teeth. "No. Red. This is over."

Scott looked over to him with his lips pressed together hard, a warm tear falling from his eye when he tilted his head. He quickly wiped it away, both relieved and hurt that Mitch wasn't even looking at him. Shit. How would he even begin to fix this? He was shocked that Mitch had reacted so strongly to the word, especially considering how kinky he claimed to be, and was still having trouble processing what had just happened. His eyes were stinging and he had to pay attention to remember to breathe. He grabbed a stray piece of clothing laying next to him and lay it over his crotch, suddenly embarrassed to be so exposed and visibly aroused while Mitch was hurt. He could practically feel the anger radiating off of Mitch and his mind began racing for something to say. He was relieved when Mitch finally spoke up before he had a chance to make this worse.

"Listen to me. Do not fucking call me that. Scott? Are you listening?"

"Y-" Scott inhaled sharply, closing his eyes and trying not to burst into tears. "Y-y-yes."

"Don't call me that again." Mitch spat out, facing away from him. "Do you hear me?"

Scott nodded hard, hot tears finding their way through his closed eyelids. He tried to keep his breathing leveled but it was getting too hard. He couldn't believe he'd called Mitch a slut. They'd been together months and months and he'd never seen Mitch react to anything like this before. Why hadn't he just asked Mitch first? He'd disrespected Mitch without even wondering if using that word would hurt him. Scott's head began to spin thinking of how furious Mitch was at him and how little he could do to fix it and he finally broke down, his face scrunching as he started to sob.

Mitch sat quietly for a while before sighing and laying down next to him on his stomach. Scott threw his arm over his face to hide behind his elbow, his body shaking with his sobs. Again, he felt a weird mixture of relief and pain when Mitch didn't try to comfort him because god, he didn't deserve to be comforted by Mitch, but a part of him still expected a kind touch or some sweet, hushed words from his boyfriend no matter how pissed he was. The guilt was overwhelming him and the image of Mitch's expression of insult after Scott had said what he'd said was burning into his skull.