Be Alright (Part 2) *R*

For you, pentaholic22 💕

"Shit!" Mitch gasped, tugging the bottom of his hoodie down and looking over to the door with frantic eyes. Scott stood in the doorway, bag in hand and eyes lingering over the part of Mitch's body that he was desperately trying to hide under his sweatshirt. "What the fuck, Scott?! Stop!" He grabbed a pillow from under his head, sitting up and scrambling to get it over his lap to hide himself. He winced and cross-crossed his legs when he felt the discomfort of the heavy pillow pressing against his uncomfortable erection. His cheeks were rapidly flushing to a deep pink and wished it was possible to will himself out of existence.

Scott's eyes were still on him and he realized hadn't moved since he had walked into the room. He grimaced apologetically before walking past Mitch's bed to the free one, plopping down onto the corner before turning to the angry boy. "I'm sorry, Mitchie. That was rude of me. We left early cuz there was supposed to be a thunderstorm, I should have texted you or knocked."

Uh, yeah, he should have. That really couldn't be more obvious at this point. He also should have looked away instead of staring until he was yelled at not to. Mitch buried his face in his hands, not a single good response coming to him. "Want me to leave for a few minutes so you can...um, finish?"

Mitch groaned in embarrassment and couldn't help it when he finally crumbled, glad his hands were already somewhat covering his face. He immediately dropped his head, trying to hide his frustrated tears from Scott and slow his breathing before he really lost it. He felt humiliated. His day had been stressful enough before his best friend had walked in on him getting off, and now he couldn't possibly come up with anything that could make it any worse. His attempt to hide his quiet tears failed and he started crying. Hard.

Scott instinctively relocated to Mitch's bed as soon as he heard the first choked whimper, wrapping an arm around the miserable boy's shoulders and pulling him to his chest. "Mitchie? What's wrong?"

And then he was gasping, unable to control his sobs and wanting to slap himself almost as much as he wanted to slap Scott. He had completely invaded his privacy and made him feel so embarrassed but now here he was, holding him as he sobbed uncontrollably  into his shoulder. As much as he wanted to push Scott off of him and make him leave the room, he couldn't. The second Scott mumbled the word "Mitchie?" into his ear again, his tone full of nothing but concern, his anger melted back down to sadness and frustration. He cried into Scott's shirt for minutes, finally pulling away and resting his head on Scott's broad shoulder when the tears subsided and he was left hiccuping from exerting his lungs.

"You have to tell me what's wrong, Mitch. I'm so worried right now. Are you alright?" Scott whispered, his tone serious but undemanding. He was still rubbing his back with one large hand as he held the boy as close to him as he could in the way they were sitting. Mitch didn't trust his voice but Scott's words didn't have a single trace of ridicule and he knew that he really was genuinely worried for him.

"I had an...an awful day, Scott. The worst. And th-then you embarrassed me even more." He whimpered. "I feel so bad. I wanna die right now." He rubbed his cheek against Scott's shoulder to dry off a stray tear that was inching towards his jawline.

Scott kept rubbing circles into his back, unable to suppress the frown that had found his way onto his face. "Don't say that, Mitch. It really was a long day, I'm sorry. I know you must feel awful but you're gonna be alright, I promise. What can I do to make you feel better?" he asked, loosening his grip around him a little when Mitch's breathing seemed to stabilize against his shoulder. He was met with almost a full minute of silence and he didn't blame him for not wanting to talk. Mitch must be exhausted, his head was still resting against him and Scott knew he probably didn't even want to move until he absolutely had to, let alone talk.