Sleepy Treat (PG-13)

Mitch groaned a little, tilting his head and resting it against the back of the couch. He closed his tired eyes to give them a much needed break from staring at his laptop screen for so long. His head was beginning to buzz and there was a weird, strained anxiety building up in his stomach.

Why was his work taking so long? Everyone else in the band was way ahead of him and for some reason it seemed impossible to catch up. He was usually up to pace and he hadn't even procrastinated, so there was no reason for him to be so behind this month. It was stressful and frustrating and if he kept thinking about it he knew he would give himself a headache, so he decided to wrap up within the next hour or so and leave the rest of the work for tomorrow.

He hadn't given himself a break for a while, though, and he didn't want to cut this one short and get back to work just yet. He lolled his head to the side and looked down at Scott, who was laying next to him on his back and watching something on his phone. His brows were furrowed as he stared up at his screen, his phone held up just inches above his nose, and he had a cute look of concentration on his face. Mitch reached a hand down and stroked the blond's cheek, causing the Scott's focus to break as his lips stretched into a soft smile. He instantly tugged his earphones out and looked up at Mitch, who couldn't help but smile back at Scott upside-down grin.

"Finally done, baby?"

"Nope," Mitch sighed, "not yet. I'm just taking a little break, my eyes are sore and I'm kinda tired."

"Aww," Scott pouted up at Mitch, blindly setting his phone on the coffee table before rolling over onto his front. "Why don't you stop for today? I feel like you'll give yourself a headache."

"Me too," Mitch mumbled back, knowing Scott was right. It really was a bad idea to keep working. Mitch knew his limits- even Scott knew Mitch's limits- and it wasn't hard for him to tell that he'd had enough today. He'd done his best, the rest really would have to wait until tomorrow.

Mitch folded his laptop shut and set it on the coffee table, sighing when the bright screen was finally out of sight. Scott scooted and lay his head on Mitch's lap, his cheek pressing against the tops of the brunette's thighs, and bit the inside of his cheek as he watched Mitch lean back against the couch again. He tugged the hem of Mitch's tshirt when he saw Mitch's eyes flutter shut, hoping to catch him before he got too comfy.

"Hey, Mitchy?"

"Hmm?"

"You tired?"

"Kinda."

Mitch's voice sounded gravelly, and Scott felt conflicted. He'd waited so patiently for Mitch to finish his work and just now realized that he should've anticipated that Mitch would be tired by the end of the night. Fuck, even he was tired, and all he'd done was watch Netflix for the past few hours. He didn't want to waste the surprise, though, especially after having hours to build up the confidence for it.

"How tired? Want me to make you dinner? It's only 10:45."

"Nah, it's fine." Mitch's eyes were still closed and he was practically whispering. "I'm craving takeout, I'll order in a bit. You want anything?"

Scott did want something, but it wasn't food. Well, he wanted food too but...nevermind, he really was too tired for this. Or was he? This was so much harder than it should be. Scott let Mitch stroke his hair and reveled in the feeling, loving how close he was to Mitch with his cheek pressed against his thighs and Mitch's hoodie-clad stomach inches away from his face. Mitch felt so warm and smelled so good, that familiar, homey scent that Scott could only catch when he was this close to his boyfriend and suddenly he decided that no, he was going to do it. He would try, at least. It really all depended on if Mitch was in the mood, but he wanted to try regardless. Maybe him being sleepy would make this less embarrassing, and if he got rejected by Mitch it would be easier for both of them to forget about it since they weren't too far away from dozing off anyway.