The Sealing of Fate

Start from the beginning

"Well, when you're ready to go home just let me know and we'll go," I assure her.

"No worries, I'm still going to have your little slumber party with you." She chuckles.

I laugh, "Good."

"Chica's!" The door of the passenger side gets knocked into causing Jas and me both to jump.

"Goddammit, Mia!" Jasmine shouts at Mia who's in a fit of giggles.

I chuckle at Mia before Jas and I both get out of the car. Walking to Jasmine's side I smile at Mia's white button mini dress.

"Awe, you look cute." I compliment her.

"Funny, I said the same thing although, in a slightly different phrase." Jonas's deep voice comes from behind Jas and me.

"Spare us the details." Jasmine groans.

Jonas's scoff brushing past us to wrap his arms around Mia. She giggles shaking her head up at Jonas as he has a foot and some inches on Mia.

"Let's go inside before I puke." Jasmine jokes turning around and heading to the house.

Jonas detaches himself from Mia, "Don't hate Jas, there's plenty of Jonas to go around." He smirks running to catch up to Jas.

"Touch me and I'll end your life." I faintly hear Jasmine say.

Mia giggles grabbing my hand and pulling us behind them, "It's so good to have everyone back together." She smiles.

We all enter the house and it's like everything becomes silent, familiar faces come into my line of sight as they part like the red sea. The student body stares at each of us but their eyes aren't directly on us, instead they're cast down.

"You made it!" Grayson comes from nowhere to my side.

Smiling I greet him, "Hey Gray." I use his nickname hoping to build some foundation of a friendship.

"I'd like you to meet someone." I shift my focus to a woman standing next to him.

She stands at my height, maybe an inch taller than me. The woman's hand is locked with Grayson as he smiles brightly between us.

"Hello." Her soft voice is barely heard over the music blasting from within the house but I hear her.

"This is Leah, my other half." I smile at Grayson's choice of words.

"Nice to meet you, Leah, I'm Athena." I smile warmly.

I take this chance to take in her appearance, Leah stands tall with long jet black hair, her icy pale skin, and narrow eyes giving her a look of mystery.

The shade of Leah's eyes stands out the most, there're shades of brown, yellow, and red. As I stare into her eyes I feel as though I'm floating in place.

Leah quickly turns away before leaving muttering an apology, "She gets shy sometimes." Grayson explains smiling weakly before chasing after her.

"Don't worry about her, she'll be back." Mia talks over the music, "come on let's dance already." Mia, Jas, Grayson, and I find a spot in what seems to be the living room full of teenagers. The music vibrates beneath our feet and I find myself unwinding.

Swaying to the beat of the music I laugh at the feeling of being free and myself again. Grayson dances behind Mia, well more like Mia dancing on Grayson as Jasmine has yet to let herself go.

She watches our peers with disgust at some of the intimate dancing around us. Chuckling at her stiff stance I move closer to her so she'll be able to hear me.