The Sealing of Fate

~A T H E N A P.O.V~

A surprisingly easygoing week flies by, even for the first week starting a new school. Everyone seems nice and unconcerned about me being the new girl, usually, things like this are the exact opposite.

Jasmine and I seem to be getting along well, I mean I do most of the talking during our conversations, nonetheless, I can see us being very good friends.

The table, as I like to call them, is right by me as well, I mean with Mia's bubbly personality and the joking banter between Jonas and Grayson they have made quite the impression.

Then there's Kaden, the boy who has occupied my mind more than any other I've had an interest in before. It's been only one school week and it feels like an eternity I've been thinking about him.

We haven't had many conversations just between him and I but I like to think we're close when Jasmine and I sit at the table with the rest of his friends.

It's odd of me to feel this way, I've never known myself to be nervous for any reason or to feel so...gooey in the inside when it comes to just thinking about him.

"Okay, what about this one?" Jasmine asks in a bored tone as she slouches her stance.

I come from my thoughts and into reality, sitting up on my bed I look over one of the many outfits I've thrown together for Jasmine.

I hum and pretend to think long about knowing she's going to explode with irritation any minute now.

Laughing I figure to spare her of this torture, "I like it, what do you think?" I ask doing one final once over her outfit.

Jasmine looks down at herself then proceeds to do a high kick in the black high waisted jeans I picked out from her pile of clothes she has brought over.

"Somewhat flexible." She approves with a nod.

I laugh shaking my head at her way of approving the outfit, "Good, now here pair it with this." I toss her a cropped olive green sweater.

I don't wait for her approval as I pick up my prepicked outfit and make my way to the bathroom to change.

"I like it, cute yet I can still move around comfortably," Jas tells me from my room.

Smiling in victory I change into my clothes for tonight and give myself a once over before coming back out to show Jas who is tying her hair up.

"What do you think?" I question looking down at a simple outfit of black biker shorts and a graphic tee of an anime show.

Jasmine nods in approval, "I thought you were going to get all dressed up, you surprised me."  She speaks truthfully.

Looking over to my room mirror I decided then to leave my hair as it is since it looks good already in its natural state.

"Nope, I like to be comfortable." I smile at my reflection before look over to Jas.

I squeal in excitement, "You look so good!"

Jasmine shifts in her spot uncomfortable with the compliment I gave her. A light blush coats her cheeks but being the person she is, she shrugs me off.

Rolling my eyes I focus on finding my shoes I picked out earlier, "Whatever." Jasmine mumbles.

Jasmine and I finish getting ready before we know it, we're heading downstairs.

Just as we reach the bottom of the stairs the front door unlocks and comes in my mother. I freeze in my tacks fully aware that I forgot to mention that I'm leaving out.