Stranger Things

~J A S M I N E  P.O.V~

Stepping onto the territory I am welcomed by many smiling faces and greetings. I do my best in giving members of the pack a small smile as I make my way to my childhood home.

Each time I step is a dull pain to my ribs which is something I'm used to after training with a werewolf, not a human. Opening the door, the smell of chicken invades my senses as I step into the house.

"Just in time for dinner, Jasmine." My mother calls out from the kitchen.

"Kids, come eat." She calls out and she as she does my little brothers come racing down from upstairs.

"Hey boys." I smile coming forward and pinching their cheeks, something they both hate. They whine before pushing past me and into the kitchen.

I shake my head laughing to myself before walking up the stairs to the bathroom to wash my hands.

Entering, I focus on the pain in my ribs before looking at myself through the reflection of the mirror. Lifting my shirt, a blotch of my skin is red in between my second and third rib. Frowning at myself in the mirror I touch at the sensitive spot but once putting pressure I retreat my hand back.

"Jasmine, your food is getting cold." Just as my mother yells for my attention my mind buzzing with the memory of how I got the tender bruise in the first place.

~E A R L I E R~

"Water?" Athena asks tossing water in my direction.

I catch the cold drink with ease before unscrewing the top and taking a sip. Athena looks back through her refrigerator for food as she claimed earlier that she's hungry.

I take my time looking around the modern kitchen from the island stool I'm sitting on. Everything seems new in the house which is odd since the house has been abandon before I was born. The history of this land is a story that has been told many times during my younger days, I'm the most surprised to know that this human has access to such valuable land.

"So, who all lives here?" I ask curiously.

Athena pauses her rummaging, "Just my mom and I," she tells me quietly. "my dad died a long time ago."

I nod silently, "Mines died two years ago." Athena turns with her hands full of food, she gives me a small smile and I return it.

Silence falls between us before she shakes her head, "Enough of this sad stuff, no offense," She chuckles.

I laugh, "None taken, I agree."

"Okay," Athena says placing the ingredients for a sandwich down on the counter, "Do you want one?" She asks looking up at me.

I nod my head, "Yeah, thanks," I smile at my future Luna which she just waves off.

"You can go ahead and go up to the entertainment room." She tells me with her focus on the sandwiches.

I nod and collect my water before getting up from the stool. I walk out the kitchen not having a clue where I am going, I find the stairs easily but once I am on the second floor all the doors confuse me not knowing which one would be the entertainment room.

"Uh, I think I'm lost, Athena."

-

-

-

Athena bids me goodbye before returning into her house, I smile in happiness knowing my Luna wants to spend time with me. I shake my head at my thoughts and enter my car starting it up.