I pretend to supervise the soldiers doing their duties while exchanging looks with the one helping me with my plan. When I check my watch again, I give him a subtle nod, a siren starting to blare a few seconds later, indicating it's time for the shift change. I can't help but smirk, quickly walking toward the main building where the conference room and the tunnels are, glancing around in case someone saw me before darting inside. Everyone is too busy, the patio being almost empty as the night shift soldiers leave their duty. I run toward the conference room, bursting inside, my eyebrows furrowing in worry when I see they're not here yet.

My heart starts pounding, anxiety settling in the pit of my stomach as I keep glancing behind me in case someone sees us, moving toward the entrance on the floor.  Just when I reach to open it, the lid covering it gets lifted, Seth's blonde head poking out, relief washing over me. I usher him and the rest of the soldiers outside, watching as they quickly climb out of the hole, filling the room. All of them are wearing Vortex uniforms so they don't draw any attention to themselves.  The hard part is to sneak so many soldiers out of the building without it seeming suspicious, that's why I had to make sure the patio is empty. We're going to have to be quick.

"Ahhh, I'm back," Seth mumbles with a smirk as he glances around the room, nodding to himself. 

When Alex climbs out, he lies on his back beside the entrance, his chest heaving. "Lord I saw the face of death down there, it smells even worse than the last time and I ran into a bloody spider web, ew!" He shudders. "That spider totally violated me. . ."

"I'm honestly surprised no one heard his high-pitched scream when it happened," Jess says flatly.

"We don't have time for this, let's go," I say. "I took care of the guards, but careful when leaving the building. I suggest you walk out in small groups,  and remember, Isaac is mine."

Everyone heads out of the room, Alex and Seth being on my sides as soldiers leave the building in small groups like I instructed, blending into the crowd of soldiers who are supposed to take over the morning shift and guard the gates. I can't hide my smile as no one suspects anything, the groups reaching the buildings with flats without any problem, ready to slaughter everyone sleeping inside.

"Let's go," I say as we're the last group left, Seth, Alex, Liam, Louis, and Jess following me. All of them are natural at this, having typical emotionless expressions and straight, firm postures. Well, everyone besides Alex who is nervously looking around and wiping his palms against his jacket, but we make sure to hide his quivering body, my eyes rolling knowing he probably thinks we're all going to die.

"If someone told me you and I will work side by side with damn Hazard soldiers with us, I'd laugh at their face and tell them to just stop breathing and stealing precious oxygen," Seth tells me, looking at me sideways. 

"This is only temporary, you need my help and I need yours, don't look into it too much."

"We make a good team and you know it, every single mission you and I had together was a success," he says and I hate it that he's right. "I know your moves, I know how you think."

When we enter the right building, we quickly take out our weapons, dropping our act and swiftly moving toward the stairs, ready to act. Before all of us take care of our duties, I grab Alex's arm, making him turn and face me, brown eyes meeting mine. "You take care of yourself, you hear me?"

He nods, a smile appearing on his lips. "I will. Same goes for you, little sister." Before I can make a remark about us being twins, he quickly adds, "I'll always hold on to those two minutes, Lenny, get over it." His smile turns into a grin before he hugs me tightly. "I love you, please don't die."