Chapter 51

Louis

It's been ten days since all the unfortunate events that turned our lives upside down. Alice died, Alex and Elena left, Anne is leading our opponent along with their uncle, and Vortex has most probably been plotting revenge against us and Wildfire.

Yeah, these past few days have been just fantastic for us, absolutely amazing.

We've had time to grieve and get back on our feet, especially with David being back to lead us. Harry has been staying away from anything related to the war, spending most of his days in his training room, but he would still spend some of his time with us, refusing to give in to his sadness.

The day of the funeral was when things have actually started to get better. It was really sad and I was ugly crying and on top of it all, it was raining. Harry was quiet that day and didn't speak at all until the next day when he sat with us in the mess hall and ate, asking a few brief questions.

When Zayn died, we didn't see him for almost three weeks, but now he really was trying to accept Alice's death without destroying himself and excluding us from his life again. His bloodshot eyes and dark circles underneath them were a clear sign he would do nothing but grieve when he was alone.

Since Niall was once again left without a roommate, he offered Harry to move in with him, not wanting him to be alone, and to everyone's surprise, Harry accepted it. Niall didn't want to use Zayn's former room out of respect, plus Harry probably wouldn't have allowed it.

And even though we're all getting better, each of us is still dealing with our own sadness. I think about Alex and Elena a lot, I really loved them both and they became one of my closest friends in such a short time. Of course, that's what I thought and then they ripped our non existent friendship bracelets and threw them at my face.

Ouch.

And here I thought we had something special, especially Alex and I. Well that ship has sunk obviously. But our goodbye is stored in my good memories, always making me smile whenever I think about it.

I was standing in front of the gates as Elena went to talk to Harry, watching as Alex made his way to me, a grim expression on his face. He stumbled slightly, almost tripping over his feet, making me smile but I covered it up, not wanting him to see it.

"Hey Lou," Alex said awkwardly, standing a few steps away from me, scratching the back of his head. "I uh- I'm really bad at this speech thing and I get emotional really easily, so I'm gonna be real quick and you try not to yell at me, oh and don't look at me, especially not that angrily since it kinda hurts- maybe you should close your eyes so it's easier for me."

"I'm not gonna close my eyes," I told him flatly. "That's stupid."

"Could you do that one last favour for me, please? I swear I'll be quick and then I'll be gone- oh yay thank you!" He exclaimed when I closed my eyes, doing it mostly to shut him up.

"So Lou, I know you think I'm fake and all, but I want you to know you're my best and closest friend I've ever had- and I haven't had many- actually I can't count Lenny since she's my sister so basically you were my first true friend." He paused and I had a hard time keeping my eyes closed. "I want to ask you to forgive me, I know it'll take a while, but I don't want you to be angry at me. Also, regardless of what happened, you should know I love yo- your cakes! I love your cakes. . ."

I actually felt my chest tighten at his words, I was really angry at him and Elena for what they did, but now that anger was slowly diminishing and I was starting to forgive him in that moment. He became one of my best and closest friends in such a short time and I believed his words, I wanted to believe him.