Chapter 18

Elena

My knuckles rub my tired eyes, trying to erase the sleep, my mouth expelling a tired sigh. I shouldn't have drank as much as I did last night, it's only adding to my exhaustion. I've been doing nothing but trying to wake myself for the past ten minutes, my breakfast slowly getting cold. 

"Psst," Tori whispers from her seat opposite of me, trying to gain my attention. When I lift my eyes, she smirks. "Where did you disappear to last night?"

I got drunk with H, talked to him and kissed him, not to mention falling asleep in his bed. . . or more specifically on his lap, I think to myself. "My room. I was incredibly sleepy."

"Oh, really?" Jess says beside me. "Funny how I saw you sneaking out of the men's building early in the morning. I usually wake up before everyone else to have a run."

"Don't worry, we won't tell anyone," Tori says, an amused smile on her face. "Who were you with, though?" She leans forward slightly, eager to hear my reply.

"Fine. I was in Alex's flat," I quickly lie. "I didn't want to say anything since he lives with Niall and I don't want you to get the wrong impression."

"Mhm. Nice hickey," Jess comments, sipping on her drink. "But that's none of my business."

Tori grins, wiggling her eyebrows. "At least one of us gets some di--"

"Can we just get back to eating?" I interrupt, wanting to close the topic. I'm sure H would be more than displeased if I told them the truth. Besides, I don't need more attention now that everyone knows where did I come from.

"Eating what?" Jess says, laughing at her own innuendo.

"What are you three whispering about?" Liam asks, his brown eyes observing us. "Talking about us men, maybe?"

"Boy, you thought," I reply flatly.

"And you shouldn't," Louis deadpans while glancing at Tori, his voice coated with jealousy. "Not when some of you have a hot guy at your disposal." He probably heard us since he's sitting beside me.

"Ah yes, lucky us," Tori comments. "A hot guy that only wants to hit it then quit it. What more can a girl wish for?"

Louis frowns. "Maybe if the girl showed more interest, that wouldn't happen."

"Maybe if the guy paid attention to the girl rather than dozens of them waiting to hop on his overused dick, he would notice," Tori fires back. "Give it a rest."

"Fuck yes, you tell him," H suddenly says, snapping his fingers in a z formation dramatically.

My eyes flick back and forth between Louis and Tori as I try to hide my amusement.  Alex pokes Louis' cheek, trying to cheer him up, but Louis only pouts, angrily stabbing his meal with a fork.  Tori, on the other hand, is eating her meal with a satisfied smile on her face, humming to herself.

H seems to be doing the same thing as I am, our eyes meeting at one point. We hold the eye contact much longer than necessary before I shift my gaze down at my plate.  Last night is a slight blur to me, but I do remember all the important bits of our conversation and shifting on his lap at one point. I still haven't talked to him about our kisses, but I intend to do it today.  I'm not quite sure what I expect from the conversation, possibly a clarification of our. . . relationship?

Shit, what if I'm in the friendzone? Wait, what if I'm not even in the friendzone--

"Lenny, are you done?" Alex asks me suddenly, craning his neck backwards so he can look at me considering Louis is sitting between us. "I need to talk to you."