Chapter 55

Harry

Harry

I stand proudly at the head of an enormous army displayed in front of me, lines and lines of tanks and army vehicles sprawling over the vast clear ground. It's the entire Hazard army with an addition of at least five hundred deserters. The Wildfire army is going to join us later when we attack. We've been notified Americans have sent a few dozens of their troops here to fight for Vortex and we couldn't postpone our attack anymore.

My dad is standing beside me while all of my closest friends are in the special military planes aside. Nobody here has any aircraft since they are too expensive to upkeep and fix considering they tend to get damaged a lot and pretty easily during battles. Besides, that's one of the easiest ways to lose soldiers, despite the fact they make battles simpler, so everyone gave up on them, replacing flying military equipment with the advanced vehicles. We borrowed a few military planes from our suppliers for this occasion exceptionally since we need to reach Vortex without too many casualties while my army along with Wildfire and deserters attacks them.

The moment I get on the plane and start flying will signify the beginning of the end. I take a moment to look at the grand army, feeling accomplished while a barely visible smile curves my lips. We're finally going to end this. I know a battle like this can't end in a day and it would take months to settle agreements with other countries and sign a bunch of peace deals, but this is the best way to start the change. Sometimes, we have to destroy to be able to build something new.

"You did great son, I'm so proud of you," dad says, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Whatever happens when we get there, whether we win or lose, I'll still be proud of you. Always have been, always will be."

I remain silent, pulling him into a tight hug, the fact I have his support meaning the world to me. "We'll win, dad. That's the only option."

"Are you ready?" He asks as we pull away, blue eyes searching mine.

"I feel like I should say something quote worthy, but I've got nothing," I say. "So, I'll just. . ." I snap my fingers in a z motion, making him laugh as I turn, walking toward one of the planes, watching as everyone starts cheering, a grin forming on my face.

The real war begins now.

. . . .

My bloodstream is reeling with adrenaline, every cell in my body urging me to fight. Vortex base ground is near and they shouldn't be expecting our attack, but even if they are, we definitely have the upper hand. My doubts are soon cleared when I get a view of dozens of Vortex vehicles and tanks driving toward our army, their bullets flying toward them, hitting and scratching the impenetrable vehicles and windows. Our vehicles are highly protected, even their tires have a layer resistant to bullets to a certain extent.

"Be careful, Harry," dad says through the mic. He could've chosen to fly with us and deal with taking Seth down and killing the highest positioned soldiers, which is our job, but he said he wants to fight along with his men like in the old times. He mentioned captain always sinks with his ship.