Chapter 28

Harry

My face scrunches slightly as I slowly wake up, barely cracking one eye open. It takes me a couple of seconds to gain focus, realising Elena is fast asleep next to me. A smile immediately spreads over my lips and I lift my head, almost bursting into laughter at the sight.

She's lying on her stomach at the very edge of the bed, her arm hanging down, cheek pressed against the pillow, hair a knotted mess. I'm occupying most of the surface of the bed, one of my legs bent at the knee, the other one sprawled, my arms each claiming one side of the bed. Not to mention the cover is wrapped around my lower body, leaving Elena exposed to the chilly morning.

Wow, I'm an asshole when I sleep.

I woke up before the alarm clock as usual, having some time to just lie on the bed and let my body function properly. I'd like to let Elena sleep, but she has to leave in order not to be seen. I prop myself onto my elbows, leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek before pinching her nose with my fingers, a playful grin on my face. She's going to kill me.

Her body stills as the oxygen flow gets cut off, her eyes shooting open suddenly. I release her nose, watching as her surprise morphs into confusion then, finally, anger. She shifts onto her back, but since she's on the edge of the bed her body drops down with a thud. It takes a couple of seconds before a groggy "ouch" is heard, my loud laughter filling the room.

When she doesn't make any effort to get up, I force myself into a sitting position, painfully slowly standing up, walking toward the other side. I find her lying on her back, her arm covering her eyes, her shirt rolled up a bit, revealing her navel.

"Get up, Lena, you need to leave," I manage to say, way slower than usual, which is really slow.

"My prince Charming, aww." Elena groans quietly. "Just a few more minutes." She groans again, waving me off. "You go shower and all and I'll be gone."

I crouch down, my hand grabbing her ankle and I pull her body toward me so it's between my legs, earning a squeal of surprise from Elena. Her tired eyes open to the half, a small smile spreading over her lips, her face all puffy from sleep, one of her cheeks branded with slight red marks from being pressed against the pillow. I lean forward, shifting my weight onto my hands and knees briefly so I can kiss her on the lips. I pull away and stand up again, leaving her a lying mess on the floor, my shoulders shaking with laughter.

. . . .

"Why do you look so satisfied?" Elena asks Niall, all of us looking at his smug expression, blue eyes bright and cheerful.

"Let's just say girls love it when a man has a brave battle story with a scar to go along with it," Niall replies, grinning widely. "Oh and don't be jealous babe, I know we had chemistry and I'm sure we would've been hell of a couple, but you're just gonna have to let it go," he tells Elena, a teasing tone in his voice. "I'm a stallion, I can't be tamed."

"My heart is broken now, how dare you," she replies dramatically while clutching her chest, suddenly holding up a knife she's sneakily pulled out of her boot. "Who do I need to cut?"

"Ah shit, I'm in love, marry me," he says jokingly, placing his hand over his heart.

We all chuckle at their exchange, enjoying our meals and talking among each other. I don't fail to notice glances Louis and Tori send to Elena and me from time to time, making me slightly irritated. This is why I didn't want people to know about my. . . closeness to Elena, it complicates things.

Liam suddenly drapes his arm over Elena's shoulders, pulling her toward him and whispering something into her ear. She smiles politely and nods, saying something back. My eyes dart down to my breakfast only to glance back at them, the situation making me slightly uncomfortable.